Quote Originally Posted by CommonLawWarrior View Post
I am new here. This site has many thought provoking, and some (frankly) bizarre other postings (which I just stay away from, not saying you may not be right. Just not going there with you!).

My questions is simple enough: I cannot imagine the Founding Fathers would have set up a Property Taxation system, that forces every owner of paid for land and buildings, to pay FOREVER both from themselves, and their descendants, property taxes, with the punishment for not doing so being that the Government is granted the power to seize their property if they don't pay the taxes! This means, in essence, that the Government ultimately owns the final interest (or however one says it) in every piece of property in the US!

With this as my premise, Who here personally has succeeded in structuring their real property as Private Property, and has successfully protected it from Government Seizure for alleged unpaid property taxes?

What you describe is simply redefining the law boundaries through a trust structure. If you are in that private credit survey, then you have those obligations. A trust structure might have the same property tax obligations, simply because you cannot create a state within a state. However trust structures supply a lot more privacy.

What I said when registering a car was that the price is a private matter. I still pay for bridges and filling potholes, which I just have to live with. But there is no property tax.

Likely there is no reason why this cannot be done when purchasing a real property. What you probably have to do is spend some time educating an estate attorney about redemption, and then encouraging him to be bold enough to paw through the contract with you, and structure it accordingly. This of course means that you cannot wait until you are desperate for the property to become "yours".

There is R4C and applied "novation" too.

This was discussed years ago around here. I can probably find it. Backup for StSC is well over a Gig these days.

What it entailed is Refusing for Cause the tax bill but examining the CAFR for the County and City too. Then you select the items you desire, like "911" and Fire Protection. You add up your per capita usage for you and your family and pay up for those specific services. Upon presentation to the tax assessor you would of course wait for the R4C from the county/city attorney. If none came, and they accepted your payment in lawful money for the services you want over the next year, you simply continue with that contract agreement upon prescriptive easement.