Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Title 8 US Code

Post Title 8 US Code

Does anyone know what these sections say?

CHAPTER 4—FREEDMEN (§ 61_to_65)

CHAPTER 7—EXCLUSION OF CHINESE (§§ 261—299)

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...000-notes.html

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...000-notes.html

Sorry. I might get into the old Congressional Records down at the federal repository some day about it.

The term "freedmen" (or 'freeman') probably refers to a former slave or to former slaves.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    The term "freedmen" (or 'freeman') probably refers to a former slave or to former slaves.
    Most definitely. The roots of the term "freedman" stem from Roman history and Roman Civil Law.

I would say that status of "freedman" is akin to a bill of attainder in some degree.

This OP raised questions in my mind. I searched online several weeks back and could not find R.S. 2032. The Revised Statutes were also difficult to find online. I came across a .pdf by doing site searches for files and found the R.S. was codified in Volume 18 Part I. Online search engines for this returned no results. This included constitution.org and memory.loc.gov . I was waiting for an opportunity to travel to the closest Federal Repository (60 miles away). Fast forward to yesterday; and Alfred Adask posts this blog; serendipity.

The Freedmen statutes are on page 358.

The links you posted do seem to speak about slaves. Thank you for the links.

Phrygian cap? Anyone?

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

While it was worn by the Jacobins during the French Revolution, it was worn by...

Mithra, the Persian Sun God....and a Roman Sun God. Also by Attis...another Sun God.

http://www.holyblasphemy.net/wp-cont...9/mithra12.jpg
    Last edited by Hbert997; 06-01-11 at 03:45 AM.

Here’s one :

Seal of the First Continental Congress.
    Not to be construed as Legal Advice, nor a recommended Course of Action. I will stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust Guy View Post
    Here’s one :

Seal of the First Continental Congress.
    Looks like 12 hands holding a phallus.

Hanc Tuemur, Hac Nitimur are words which appears on the face of a medallion on the title page of the journal of the proceedings of the Colonial Congress of 1774. “Hanc Tuemur, Hac Nitimur” means “this we defend, this we lean upon”.

It represents Magna Charta as the pedestal on which was raised the column and cap of liberty, supported by twelve hands; one for each of the twelve colonies. [Hurtado v. California, 110 U.S. 516, 554 (U.S. 1884)].