Thread: Augustine: The Rock Is Christ

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Or....the Word (truth and wisdom) of God being the rock or foundation of the Christ's lawful assembly or the Church (and purposed not merely for initiating a relationship but for maintaining such a relationship)?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:6-9 KJV
    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:27 KJV
    Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. Luke 3:38
    Last edited by allodial; 09-03-16 at 01:36 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.