Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was talking to a lawyer.

Was talking to a lawyer.

Had an interesting conversation today with a lawyer.

Needed a notary to witness me sign a land transfer from out of province.
    Went to the lawyers office in the next town because the only one in my tiny town never returned my calls.

I knew this lawyer personally for a long time because our kids played soccer against each other for years.
    We had some small talk about the kids now both just finished university, it was nice.

I used my SOLB as ID and he was alright with it.
    He even made me a notarized copy of the SOLB for free and only charged me 50 bucks instead of 100 for the other land transfer issue. And he called the out of province lawyer dealing with the transfer just to make sure everything was good because of the different paperwork between the two provinces. Took 20 minutes.

I told him that I don't use a DL as photo ID because it is property of the issuing agency and I am not an employee or agent of them being ICBC. If I use it as ID and that I know this info that it is not mine then that would be identity fraud and if I get him to accept it as ID for me when I know this info that I would be placing him in the position of aiding and abetting identity fraud and that I don't want to do that.
    He responded with one word, "yep", while nodding his head up and down.

I also told him that I wanted to make my own photo ID using the SOLB as the backing of it and get it notarized and then send it off to get the red seal notary seal. (government issued ID) He just acknowledge the red seal notary process. I asked him if he ever notarized photo ID for anyone using the SOLB as the backing and he said no.

So there you have it, not all lawyers are breaking bad.
    I left very happy.
    Last edited by walter; 09-09-16 at 09:59 PM.

All along...between the lines: make an ID yourself. Getting someone else to vouch for who you are could put them at risk of civil liability or even at risk of looking dumb if something where to go awry.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    All along...between the lines: make an ID yourself. Getting someone else to vouch for who you are could put them at risk of civil liability or even at risk of looking dumb if something where to go awry.
    I will be issuing it my self, just want the notary to verify I am the holder of the solb and a witness to the signature.
    I am the subject matter with a face because you can't do any thing these days with out gov. issue photo ID.
    Get those pretty stamps of theirs on it and now the gov. just verified my ID.

I had a tax exempt card with a photo that i used for planes but once they didn't like it because no birth date.(I prefer "nativity" over DOB.)
    That's when I pulled out the SOLB as back up.

So why not combine the two? Home issued ID backed by the SOLB. With pretty gov. seals.
    The seals should remove the doubt of authentication. After all that is all a red seal notary does.
    Authenticate the first seal with a second seal.

I have sat and watched people board planes and watched what they used for ID.
    That's when I noticed many types of ID that I never seen before.

My WSA ID Card has worked great. I had a notary when I signed the information that I sent with the application.

SOLB Statement of Live Birth Whats the Difference between Vessel berthing and Vessel arriving? Once the vessel arrived at docks to unload the cargo, we can call vessel (ship) berthed.Dead on paper who owns the paper

If you use a notary or an attorney (i.e. notary) you can add that it was made by special visitation or by restricted appearance rather than generally before them to prevent a general appearance. If you glue a passport photo to the document, have the attorney/notary stamp over a corner of the photograph for further authenticity. I'm not sure what being holder of a SOLB really gets you.

If you see a reason, you could bring a blue, red or purple ink pad and have the notary use red, blue or purple ink instead of black.

To save yourself some headaches you could file a DBA (or the like) or give notice (to Provincial AG/SJ/MG/Premier) that {True name} upon near {City, Province}--without Canada may do business as {name on SOLB} or the like.
    Last edited by allodial; 09-10-16 at 04:15 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Complete the notary with a Commission Certificate:

Commission Certificate Payton CRAVENS.pdf
    Alternatively, in USA areas one can often get the county clerk to verify the notary's stamp and authenticity which may be the same as above in some jurisdictions.
    Last edited by allodial; 09-10-16 at 04:17 AM.

Does anyone remember who wrote the treatise, "Office of Citizen"?