Thread: "The Conspiracy to Subert the Original Church"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"The Conspiracy to Subvert the Original Church"

Make no mistake, the orthodox saints and orthodox ecclesial, though not necessarily mainstream, is still around.
    Last edited by allodial; 11-07-16 at 07:51 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

I recall a short excursion into Greek Orthodox.

I went to two services, and one Greek Language class. There were a couple pastors/elders quite interested in grilling me about my past and they were very particular about what kind of reading I had done - especially criticizing CHARLES' Pseudepigrapha. I lost interest rather than investigate.

They had Icons. They venerated maybe hundreds of people over the millennium it would seem starting with John, Peter and Paul. Now I am thinking all that may be a chronicle of people who - "Saints" - had markedly acquired some degree of CHRIST Mind?

The orthodox saints I refer to are even more orthodox than the Greek Orthodox system: no icons, no ornate cathedrals, house-to-house meetings, some don't even put up symbols like crosses, baptism by immersion only with the name of Jesus or Yehoshua spoken. There are those who still do OT festivals only for training purposes for children and/or keep to a seventh-day Sabbath (but you hardly hear of those but hear of Seventh Day Adventists and Messianic Jews instead). If you've ever been to one of their conferences there alone is proof of providence of God. Relevantly, 'the house to house ecclesia/church' or 'cell church' movement started gaining more momentum back in the late 90s. Anyways, to point out a denomination, the "Pentecostal Oneness" types tend to be closer to the original doctrine than the mainstreamers.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    They had Icons. They venerated maybe hundreds of people over the millennium it would seem starting with John, Peter and Paul. Now I am thinking all that may be a chronicle of people who - "Saints" - had markedly acquired some degree of CHRIST Mind?
    The saints submit to the will of God and align their lives to the truth and wisdom of God: they allow a holy mind and holy life to be formed in them that in alignment with God placing the carnal in lower priority. It is a life of service even primarily via intercessory prayer for folks near or far off who may be rather unaware of your existence.

By definition, all of the true believers are saints (holy ones) not just the ones handpicked for veneration.

P.S. It seems what Gnostics hate about Christianity are the Gnostic doctrines (remember both the Simonians and Manichaens called themselves Christians but the original saints were called Christians).
    Last edited by allodial; 11-07-16 at 08:41 PM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    The orthodox saints I refer to are even more orthodox than the Greek Orthodox system: no icons, no ornate cathedrals, house-to-house meetings, some don't even put up symbols like crosses, baptism by immersion only with the name of Jesus or Yehoshua spoken. There are those who still do OT festivals only for training purposes for children and/or keep to a seventh-day Sabbath (but you hardly hear of those but hear of Seventh Day Adventists and Messianic Jews instead). If you've ever been to one of their conferences there alone is proof of providence of God. Relevantly, 'the house to house ecclesia/church' or 'cell church' movement started gaining more momentum back in the late 90s. Anyways, to point out a denomination, the "Pentecostal Oneness" types tend to be closer to the original doctrine than the mainstreamers.

The saints submit to the will of God and align their lives to the truth and wisdom of God: they allow a holy mind and holy life to be formed in them that in alignment with God placing the carnal in lower priority. It is a life of service even primarily via intercessory prayer for folks near or far off who may be rather unaware of your existence.

By definition, all of the true believers are saints (holy ones) not just the ones handpicked for veneration.

P.S. It seems what Gnostics hate about Christianity are the Gnostic doctrines (remember both the Simonians and Manichaens called themselves Christians but the original saints were called Christians).

Cannot argue with that...

I simply accent with Mandatory Exception:

Title 26 USC 508(c) Exceptions

(1) Mandatory exceptions

Subsections (a) and (b) shall not apply to—

(A) churches, their integrated auxiliaries, and conventions or associations of churches, or
    Peaceable escape from the CODE.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Cannot argue with that...

I simply accent with Mandatory Exception:

Peaceable escape from the CODE.
    You're touching upon what I call the "secret hiding place of the Most High". ({"State"} Nationality, Mandatory Exception, etc.) They hate the original jurisdiction, what better place to "hide"?

Thou dost hide them in the secret place of Thy presence from the conspiracies of man; Thou dost keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues. Psalms 31:20 (NASB)
    Comes to mind ("coincidentially") the story of a woman in part of a prison camp full of lice. The part of the camp where she was located was infested. The blessing in disguise, the sadistic guards didn't want any part of it. She and her cohorts remained safer than otherwise as a consequence.
    Last edited by allodial; 11-08-16 at 01:06 AM.