Thread: W-4 form and the intent for Lawful Money, first step to getting a mistake corrected.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just some things I noticed...I am looking at the "Deposit Ticket" for the bank we use, a local cooperative. There is a line that says "SIGN HERE IF CASH RECEIVED FROM DEPOSIT". I small print it says "BE SURE EACH ITEM IS PROPERLY ENDORSED."

Please remind what the "demand for lawful money" wording is again?

Before now I always wondered why I had to endorse MY OWN checks when I want to cash one, too. So, it appears to me, and correct me if I am wrong, I could go to our bank and write a check for the balance in our checking account, sign with the "Redeemed In Lawful Money Pursuant to" statement, and receive same back. The same way a paycheck can be redeemed for lawful money.

Question on the name. Is "my name" the name I go by, and my dba name is my full name? Or is it the exact name that the check is made out to?

Thank you!
    ES

Quote Originally Posted by earthshake View Post
    Just some things I noticed...I am looking at the "Deposit Ticket" for the bank we use, a local cooperative. There is a line that says "SIGN HERE IF CASH RECEIVED FROM DEPOSIT". I small print it says "BE SURE EACH ITEM IS PROPERLY ENDORSED."

Please remind what the "demand for lawful money" wording is again?

Before now I always wondered why I had to endorse MY OWN checks when I want to cash one, too. So, it appears to me, and correct me if I am wrong, I could go to our bank and write a check for the balance in our checking account, sign with the "Redeemed In Lawful Money Pursuant to" statement, and receive same back. The same way a paycheck can be redeemed for lawful money.

Question on the name. Is "my name" the name I go by, and my dba name is my full name? Or is it the exact name that the check is made out to?

Thank you!
    ES

In my experience most of these questions will answer themselves. For example - withdraw your entire checking account in cash lawful money by demand and start using cash. Or buy a $500 debit card and do not provide any information. There are some snags to work through but I supplied a thread here. Memorize the number and utilize the security code instead of signing.

Or not. Just quit writing checks or when you do, write your demand for lawful money in the Memo field...

Or change the signature on the Authorized Signature Card to:

All transactions are to be in Redeemed Lawful Money pursuant to Title 12 U.S.C. ยง411.

They will automatically change your account to interest free, since you are no longer supplying them with the benefit of fractional lending on your funds on deposit.

Always sign with your true name. If they do not like that then add dba Legal Name. If they do not like that then open a business account in your Legal Name because it is not yours; like JHD Roofing.

Can you point me in the right direction with regards to getting my IRS taxes refunded?
    I had filed all of my paperwork to start the redemption process - UCC1 Etc ETc.
    What are the next steps to LEARN how to get my taxes refunded for the last years that I had paid into them. Its over 100K in taxes that I had paid into their monopoly. I have HEARD and READ people using the 1099 OID process - not recommended.

Thank got for like minded people like you all in this message board.

Regards,

D