Thread: Getting audited by State of Alabama

Getting audited by State of Alabama

Received a notice that I'm being audited by the State of Alabama for 2015 (partial LM return) and 2016 (full year LM return) "before refund can be issued". Any advice? I've never been audited before.

With my returns, I sent 2 copies of redeemed paychecks, a copy of 31 USC 3124 & a copy of 18 USC 8 (defining the obligation of USN). The audit is odd to me. Why not just deny it through sending me a letter? The audit makes me think they are fully aware of 31 USC 3124 and are looking for anyway way to keep my money.

I feel I have precedent. See James D. & Patricia M. Holland v. ALABAMA (Google "31 USC 3124 Alabama" and click on first link).

Should McCulloch v. Maryland not also be in my favor? "A tax on an instrument employed by the US govt is unconstitutional"

Quote Originally Posted by ADBrooks11 View Post
    Received a notice that I'm being audited by the State of Alabama for 2015 (partial LM return) and 2016 (full year LM return) "before refund can be issued". Any advice? I've never been audited before.

With my returns, I sent 2 copies of redeemed paychecks, a copy of 31 USC 3124 & a copy of 18 USC 8 (defining the obligation of USN). The audit is odd to me. Why not just deny it through sending me a letter? The audit makes me think they are fully aware of 31 USC 3124 and are looking for anyway way to keep my money.

I feel I have precedent. See James D. & Patricia M. Holland v. ALABAMA (Google "31 USC 3124 Alabama" and click on first link).

Should McCulloch v. Maryland not also be in my favor? "A tax on an instrument employed by the US govt is unconstitutional"
    This may be a very valuable lesson for all... Thanks for posting this!

If one has stamped every check "Redeemed Lawful Money Pursuant to 12 USC 411, 95a(2)", then this may be the cause of the audit.

They may want to see every individual check, and the total of those better equal what is on your return. Cash and debit and direct deposit transactions would be hard to show evidence of.

If one started LMDs using "lawful money and full discharge is demanded for all transactions 12 USC 411, 95a(2)", then there would be no need to present every instrument, since ALL transactions from the date of that first LMD non-hearsay evidence record should be covered. This makes any audit without probable cause, as far as LMDs are concerned, IMO.

This webpage shows how I have done it from the beginning: http://1040relief.blogspot.com/p/getting-started.html