Anymore. Been banking with this credit union since I was a kid and been redeeming my checks with them for about a year. Wife usually takes my redeemed check for deposit. This time, they denied it. My account must have been flagged. Teller said it came down from compliance and we should call them. I did and the nice lady said they will not accept my “restrictive endorsement on my checks anymore. By accepting it, they are obligated to abide by federal banking laws that govern the Federal Reserve. They will gladly accept my checks without the stamp on them.”

Since this incident, I have been going back to my employer’s bank (it’s their check) and redeeming with restrictive endorsement on the back and cashing the check. So far, no push back. I assume they have to cash it bc it’s their check.

No big news here for any of you guys. I just found it interesting, especially when it happened to me instead of reading about someone else. This also further cements in my mind that what I’m doing with redeeming means something.