Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
Yes, born in June 1566 James VI of Scotland would have been 54 years old in November of 1620. Or could it be the Compact is referring to him as the fifty-fourth sovereign of Scotland? This site refers to him as 43rd King of SCOTS. And Encyclopædia Britannica includes this footnote: 1Knowledge about the early Scottish kings, until Malcolm II, is slim and is partly based on traditional lists of kings. The dating of reigns is thus inexact.

You may be correct but I'm not sure this is much evidence of the Colony's state religion being Scottish Rite Freemasonry.
Thank you for checking into it. I first heard about it from the Inner Master of the ECKENKAR who was also "Second Chair" of the California Jurisdiction of Freemasonry. So when I read about the details along the way, I was ready to buy it.

You took it a stretch beyond what I said though. I had not figured on this being the Colonial American state religion but now you mention it...

I was reciting it as I had heard it - England's state religion was now Scottish Rite Freemasonry. The Lodge in Denver is catercorner to the capital building.

Name:  name in the Lodge.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  235.4 KB

Attachment 4990