Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Citizenship

Altering the form was a novation by you and that allows for their R4C. It sounds like they are willing to honor your payment if you are willing to identify yourself with the passport as a US citizen.

I suggest you get a WSA passport too. Get it all marked up with all the visas you can. Remember that getting a visa does not obligate you to going there to that country.

My passport only has my true name. But they call the family nomen NAME on the page and I could not lie. So I insisted they put my name by the NAME - and you go to page 5 to find out that they mean Family Name by NAME. So I talked this over with the WSA attorney and he agreed with me but not enough to change the form of the WSA passport to tell the truth.

My suggestion is that you get your visas pre-approved and use the WSA Passport but if the customs officer says,

No. I meant your real passport.

Then you explain that you prefer to identify yourself by your true name rather than to create the legal fiction and pull out the traditional passport.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 05-26-12 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Dog View Post
    As I mentioned in the previous post, I would like to renew ?my? U.S. Passport for the sole purpose of international travel. As an experiment, I filled out the ?renewal? form in the style of Martin Earl, as near as I could tell from his description (e.g. not for id, ?0??s for SSN, R4C most of their notices, etc.) I also included a letter, noticing them, as per the instructions on the particulars as indicated and also noting the fact that an error had been made in my original application many years ago, and asking them to correct my political status to a national of the United States for international travel purposes since I was born in a union State. I also noticed them that the funds associated with this renewal were being paid in redeemed lawful money pursuant to Title 12 U.S.C. 411. I signed in my true name but was also careful to use proper nouns for the names on the passport form. This obviously does not match the NAME on the old passport, which I provided to them as per the instructions.

Two weeks after my submission, I received a response from the Passport Office that I found educational. They pointed out that the facts of my ?birth? appear to entitle me to a U.S. Passport but that due to the 14th Amendment, I was ?U.S. citizen?. They also objected to me striking out the ?penalty of perjury? words in the ?oath? and finally noted that all funds, expect those associated with ?overnight delivery? are non refundable. The letter was unsigned and unattributed.

I responded to the letter with some questions to clarify how the 14th Amendment related to me, and if they were content to maintain inaccurate records. I finished with another request for them to reissue the passport. I have now received yet another unsigned, unattributed letter from ?customer service? saying that they will not process the request without a ?new, un-altered? ?application?. They specifically did not answer any of my questions.

I am now contemplating my approach going forward. According to their letter I have 90 days but who really knows.

On one hand I don?t mind exploring a bit more to see what I can learn as others may gain some value in that exercise. On the other hand, exploring may just be a waste of time with the ?gatekeeper? who is not trustworthy enough to even provide their name.

Interestingly, in some of my recent related research I have come across copies of passport applications from the early 1900?s, after the Federal Reserve Act but before the Social Security Act where men and women born in one of the union States were referred to as ?a Native and Loyal Citizen of the United States? ? NOT U.S. citizens. Even more interestingly, the applications are for ?Commercial Travelers? with references to the ?Trading with the Enemy Act?. I wonder what the deal is for ?non-commercial travelers?. Folks at that time seemed to usually sign their name in proper English (First and Last)

All thoughts appreciated!
    I believe you better to be a national of any one of the 50 states rather than a national of the United States.

Remember, the 50 states .... the several (individual) states are nations in their own right.

'National of the United States' may be a status of the conquered territories obtained by the United States i.e. Guam, Puerto Rico, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Altering the form was a novation by you and that allows for their R4C. It sounds like they are willing to honor your payment if you are willing to identify yourself with the passport as a US citizen.

I suggest you get a WSA passport too. Get it all marked up with all the visas you can. Remember that getting a visa does not obligate you to going there to that country.

My passport only has my true name. But they call the family nomen NAME on the page and I could not lie. So I insisted they put my name by the NAME - and you go to page 5 to find out that they mean Family Name by NAME. So I talked this over with the WSA attorney and he agreed with me but not enough to change the form of the WSA passport to tell the truth.

My suggestion is that you get your visas pre-approved and use the WSA Passport but if the customs officer says,

No. I meant your real passport.

Then you explain that you prefer to identify yourself by your true name rather than to create the legal fiction and pull out the traditional passport.
    That is great in theory but there are no states that issue passports.

Its the FIRST MIDDLE LAST entity that the US wishes to issue the passport to.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    That is great in theory but there are no states that issue passports.
    Government does recognize nationals of a State such as Michiganer, Californian, etc.
    It even states in one of their style manuals, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Government does recognize nationals of a State such as Michiganer, Californian, etc.
    And I have heard that an apostille on the birth certificate notary (or something like that) in accord with the Hague Convention will serve nicely for a passport. I am not sure I believe it. I think it would be best if traveling to keep a standard issue passport and only use it when your preferred methods fail.

A fair point shikamaru.

I was very clear that the passport was for "international travel" only. My understanding, flawed as it may be, is that U.S. passports are for crossing international borders. That is all I want it for. They seem to want to give it more "utility" - at least for them.
    Last edited by Working Dog; 05-29-12 at 09:46 PM.

Yes, that does appear to be the case. On the other hand, they did not object to my use of proper names on the renewal form. If a U.S. Citizen is always a legal fiction I would agree, but I am not so sure. At one time, say 1875, there were lots of legitimate 14th Amendment citizens (former slaves) walking about as free men as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Its the FIRST MIDDLE LAST entity that the US wishes to issue the passport to.
    Last edited by Working Dog; 05-29-12 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Perhaps because there are States of the United States that are creatures of the United States (mainly post 1862/1871) and there are States of America which created the United States and if you dont make the distinction....

Quote Originally Posted by Working Dog View Post
    Yes, that does appear to be the case. On the other hand, they did not object to my use of proper names on the renewal form. If a U.S. Citizen is always a legal fiction I would agree, but I am not so sure. At one time, say 1875, there were lots of legitimate 14th Amendment citizens (former slaves) walking about as free men as I understand it.
    Proper name?
    Last edited by allodial; 05-30-12 at 02:13 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Another way to say it is that they want power of attorney: