Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: World Citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    #1 Created for a public purpose within the venue of creation or activity
    #2 Created according to the will, plan, intent and directives of the public creating the corporation.
    #3 Open to public control and public scrutiny.

Now "public" can be a word relative to the venue.

If the delegates at the Constitutional Convention didn't follow the instructions of those delegating them and if they did their own thing, then they weren't delegates with respect to what they did and weren't acting under the authority of any of the united states. If a cop goes and robs a liquor store--he isn't a cop, he's a man robbing a liquor store in disguise. If you and I send attorneys off to negotiate for us according to a specific criteria and they put something together according to their own personal tastes then they were acting for themselves without respect to us. If the us is the public of the united states back then, then the delegates would be much like private incorporators, no?

From a strict technical and legal sense, the 1788 Constitution could not have replaced the Articles of Confederation, IMHO it created something entirely new.
    Oh, I agree a new thing was created. It just seems to me that the old thing was a private corporation as well. But then, I also think that all corporations are private, since people have to either elect to be in one, or are forced to be in one. The distinction between public and private is a meaningless one to me. Corporations are ideas concieved by people, created by people, operated by people, and ultimately dissolved by people.
    Now you must repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that time after time your souls may know the refreshment that comes from the presence of God. Then he will send you Jesus, your long-heralded Christ.

What if the 1788 Constitution Convention was nothing but a private corporate charter masquerading as a de jure constitutional convention?
    I have always liked you thinking, allodial .

Quote Originally Posted by Seosaidh View Post
    How would you discern the difference between a public corporation versus a private one?
    Public corporations are formed via a charter (say .... a constitution which is a power of attorney document) or statute and is funded by tax revenue i.e. the public purse .....

Private corporations are formed via a corporate charter and funds its own operations out of its profits.

Source of funding as well as purpose are the differences here between them.

From: Vices of the Political System of the United States, James Madison apparently referring to the Article of Confederation. However.. *drum roll*

What if the 1788 Constitution Convention was nothing but a private corporate charter masquerading as a de jure constitutional convention?

This is why there was only one delegate from New York.

Regards,

David Merrill.
    [High Priest of the DEITI.]
    Dutch East Indies Trading Industry.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    This is why there was only one delegate from New York.

Regards,

David Merrill.
    [High Priest of the DEITI.]
    Dutch East Indies Trading Industry.
    Interestingly, I had been ruminating over a more lucid comprehension over both New York's and Georgia's perspective on the matter.

Under the Articles of Confederation, unanimous consent of the states was required. They did not have unanimous consent of the states. However it took only 9 states to admit a new colony.
    Last edited by allodial; 11-07-12 at 10:48 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Interestingly, I had been ruminating over a more lucid comprehension over both New York's and Georgia's perspective on the matter.

Under the Articles of Confederation, unanimous consent of the states was required. They did not have unanimous consent of the states. However it took only 9 states to admit a new colony.
    This is nearly direct to World Citizenship but I am taking this over to Patroons of New York. What you have shown me is that Dr. Dale LIVINGSTON may not have been talking about an improper quorum for New York, but rather an improper quorum for the States of the Union?

Rhode Island is missing all right! - And it says:

By the unanimous consent of the states present...
    Last edited by David Merrill; 11-07-12 at 02:38 PM.

Louis Holger
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaz View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of a world citizenship passport?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Passport
    I have one, along with a World Birth Certificate, World Citizen Registration Card, and World ID. I have yet to travel outside of the country with my World Passport. My plan is to first visit countries that openly accept the World Passport. That way I can have stamps as proof of entry and acceptance by countries past in order to more easily convince boarder agents to grant me access to the country.

Louis Holger
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaz View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of a world citizenship passport?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Passport
    Yes I have one. Type world service authority into your search engine.