Thread: Gold Reserve Act of 1934, 48 Stat. 337 talk of redemtion and the Fed's first lien

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    I once bought a ski pass for the mtn and read all the contract and crossed off the parts that made me liable and voided out the penalties. Initialed it all with black pen so it wouldn't stick out. Then signed in blue ink. The lady didn't read any of it just processed it. i left happy knowing they could not cancel or remove my pass.
    In all my years of skiing I've never had to sign anything to buy a ski pass. The back of the pass will usually have all the terms. Basically, by buying this pass you acknowledge that skiing is inherently risky and dangerous ... so don't sue us if you crack your head.

If you're saying you marked up the back of the pass and showed it to the low-wage cashier before using the ticket to get on the ski-lift, I hardly see how that constitutes proper notice. In fact, the mountain now has a witness to relate that you actually read the terms and conditions and cared enough to initial them. You can't claim ignorance now.
    Last edited by lorne; 02-13-18 at 07:14 AM.