Thread: Explanation Letter and Admiralty Article

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like the way you think. Examine this first redemption on USA soil:

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post

This is an excellent find into history, there is a couple other pieces of information found that tie into this:

UCC 8-407
    (2) Upon surrender of a certificated security with all necessary indorsements and presentation of a written request by the person surrendering the security, the issuer, if he has no duty as to adverse claims or has discharged the duty (Section 8-403), shall issue to the person or a person designated by him an equivalent uncertificated security subject to all liens, restrictions, and claims that were noted on the certificated security.

Some similar language found in each states UCC as well, the kicker is that the wording was exactly the same in each state:

Authenticating Trustee, Transfer Agent, Registrar, or Other Agent; Obligation to Holder or Owner of Certificate - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 440.8407

Legal Research Home > Michigan Laws > Uniform Commercial Code > Authenticating Trustee, Transfer Agent, Registrar, or Other Agent; Obligation to Holder or Owner of Certificate - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 440.8407
    440.8407 Authenticating trustee, transfer agent, registrar, or other agent; obligation to holder or owner of certificate.

Sec. 8407.

A person acting as authenticating trustee, transfer agent, registrar, or other agent for an issuer in the registration of a transfer of its securities, in the issue of new security certificates or uncertificated securities, or in the cancellation of surrendered security certificates has the same obligation to the holder or owner of a certificated or uncertificated security with regard to the particular functions performed as the issuer has in regard to those functions.

History: Add. 1987, Act 16, Imd. Eff. Apr. 24, 1987 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 278, Imd. Eff. July 27, 1998
    "You have to understand Neo, most of these people are not ready to
    be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

~ Morpheus / The Matrix movie trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post

hi David,

this link is 404 (broken, not found on server) if possible, would you re-upload it please?

thanks