Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Get Your Taxes Won

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
    Sure, but you'd still want to file to rebut erroneous presumptions from other entities, no? Sadly, it's difficult to find a payer that doesn't blindly follow the status quo. Not sure how you folks are able to get out in front of that.
    You speak of the reporting by employers (including clients)?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
    Sure, but you'd still want to file to rebut erroneous presumptions from other entities, no?
    Yes, that's another reason to file. Up to you. Let's say you made $100k last year, off the books as they say, with no reporting except for a single 1099-MISC alleging $7k in Box 7 "Nonemployee compensation." The rules say you're required to file as the $12,000 (Single) filing threshold does not apply to self employment income. You would not owe any income tax, because your income is below $12,000. But you'd be on the hook for social security and medicare ("FICA") tax due on your "self-employment" earnings. The self employed pay FICA as "Self Employment Tax" (SET). SET is calculated on schedule (form) SE and is filed as part of an income return.

But what if you're redeeming lawful money and don't agree that $7k was "self-employment" or "Nonemployee compensation"? Filing a return is your chance to rebut that allegation.

Disclaimer: not tax advice

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    You speak of the reporting by employers (including clients)?
    Yes. The vast majority of non-privileged entities blindly outsource payments through companies that make those presumptions - whether based on Agency fear, and/or because they directly benefit from the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
    a single 1099-MISC alleging $7k in Box 7 "Nonemployee compensation." ... But what if you're redeeming lawful money and don't agree that $7k was "self-employment" or "Nonemployee compensation"? Filing a return is your chance to rebut that allegation.
    Funnily enough, this is very close to my situation. But I have had trouble in the past with Correcting 1099s (via LH/CtC, which has its merits, but certainly its flaws). Would you be kind enough to go into more detail of the structure of your rebuttal? Are you also sending a Corrected 1099, referring to LM, or are you adding it to your 1040 and calculating an LM Deduction?
    Last edited by Sabo; 03-25-19 at 04:20 AM.

Banned
    As I recall, Pete HENDRICKSON of LH/CtC advocated submission of a "Corrected" 1099 along with the tax return to rebut the presumption of federal income. While I never saw any rule against it, I never tried it. The 1099s and W2s are clearly intended to be prepared by the PAYER, not the recipient. Of course Pete never agreed that use of FRNs creates a federal nexus; a liability for the income tax based on use of a privileged currency. While it might work short-term, correcting an info report while still endorsing private credit of the FED does not the relieve the recipient from liability for income tax.

This brings to mind the topic of SELF-ASSESSMENT. David Merrill has mentioned this. Why is the taxpayer allowed to assess his/her own income? The feds, the IRS, the banks already know my annual income. At least what's been deposited. Why not just send me the tax bill - you made X dollars last year and here's what you owe us. It's because we are not required to use private credit. We have the option to demand Lawful Money instead - to operate outside the Federal Reserve district or system. Lawful money is a non-privileged currency; public money not subject to excise.
    Last edited by lorne; 03-31-19 at 09:28 PM.

We have the option to demand Lawful Money instead - to operate outside the Federal Reserve district or system. Lawful money is a non-privileged currency; public money not subject to excise.
    Right, but without trying to go in circles, nothing stops other entities from reporting information about what they paid to you, as they are not party to your redemption. If one were to submit a return without acknowledging and/or correcting this information, you're likely to get AUR'd.

In your last reply, you stated:

Quote Originally Posted by lorne
    But what if you're redeeming lawful money and don't agree that $7k was "self-employment" or "Nonemployee compensation"? Filing a return is your chance to rebut that allegation.
    That was the question I was asking, in hopes of getting some guidance (not legal advice, but simply guidance) on how folks here are handling that currently. Since I am redeeming Lawful Money, it does not seem congruent to add this and calculate a LM reduction via a 1040, as that would still acknowledge it as being part of their limited system.

I hope you will be willing to share your experiences, at least at a high level. Not to blindly copy, but just as a concrete example in case there's something I must not be considering. Thank you.

Can u be payed in lawful money Tax Refund private to public conversion needed is just a demand so who has the authority or that fiduciary duty to accommodate such a demand . The employers remittance is on the employees behalf demanding the theft back is a public affair HENDRICKSON .other than in truly unusual cases,lawful money returns any agency with which one deals in regard to the "income" tax already has a copy of any "information return" to which a filer is responding. Since such "information returns" are the key mechanism by which presumptions of liability arise in the first place, those producing them are typically instructed by statute to send copies to each "income" taxing entity within whose territorial jurisdiction they are located. Demanding lawful money keeps who outta tax terrorism .Fascinating the extension of the federal income tax authority throughout the entire USA. This is because the federal income tax structure hinges directly on the federal perjury statutes. Under Penalty of perjury

If a payment is reported on an "information return" such as a W-2, a 1099, , it alleges every necessary prerequisite of qualification for that payment to be a gain from a taxable activity. Is demanding lawful money just honest income activity and inherently a right not a privilege that is excised? Thus, even if "US citizenship" or "DC residency" were actual requirements for the application of the tax, the allegation of that thing is incorporated in an information return report. Demanding it all back without the use of personal exemptions.

Unless and until such a qualified payment allegation is rebutted it imposes the requirement on its target of all its implications and consequences. There is only ONE WAY to rebut such allegations, and that is by way of a signed, sworn 1040.

The law is plainly stated:

"Provided, that any party, in his or her own behalf, or as guardian or trustee, as aforesaid, shall be permitted to declare, under oath or affirmation, the form and manner of which shall be prescribed by the Commissioner of Internal Revenue, that he or she was not possessed of an income of [the current personal exemption amount], liable to be assessed according to the provisions of this act..."

Revenue Act of 1862, ยง 93 As with most Acts Standing and Re-venue isnt that what 1040 was designated to do Revenue the people into Persons of Excise applications and forms for begging Demanding has no forms to fill . Its necessary every form or application comes with instructions with lawful money its been framed not formed.
    Last edited by xparte; 04-01-19 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Salad Reformist

Banned
    What were you considering to do on the 1040 as a rebuttal?

Let me not put words in XPARTE's mouth......but the signed under penalty perjury information return with the properly filled out "Line 21" [yeah, I know it's a bit different this year, just using the term as a point of reference] acts as a affidavit to the truth.....we are tasked with ACCURATE SELF REPORTING, aren't we?

Presumably nothing? The allegation is on a 1099, it seems that's the document that needs to be rebutted. Given the redemption, it's not "income" in their limited scope, so it doesn't belong on the 1040 as far as I can tell.

But just to ask outright - Given your question, are you saying that if/when you receive 1099s, you personally add the presumpted amount to your 1040?

Banned
    Next step is to decide which method or tool you'll use to file your lawful money tax return.

1) pay someone to do it
    2) pay for software
    3) free file software
    4) free fillable forms
    5) paper & pencil

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone knowledgeable enough about Lawful Money to do #1. Number 2 is fine but check here first, you may be eligible for #3 free file software. Fourth option is free fillable forms from the IRS site that will do the basic math. As for number 5, I can remember Dad clearing the table after dinner and sharpening his pencil and getting the calculator. I can tell you it was not something he enjoyed but he took it seriously.