Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Taxes Won

Experience tells me the federal agencies will treat anything on those w2, 1099 reports as FEDERAL income. As in Federal Reserve money. I once received a 1099 for 2013 and the amount on it later showed up as Earnings on the Social Security website :

Name:  SSA_2016.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  88.5 KB

And that was after filing a LM tax return. However after many letters to the IRS back n forth they finally gave in and "made the changes you requested" Now my SS file looks like this - no SS earnings. And no SS equals no income tax:

Name:  SSA_2018.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  30.2 KB
    Last edited by marcel; 04-13-18 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    Experience tells me the federal agencies will treat anything on those w2, 1099 reports as FEDERAL income. As in Federal Reserve money. I once received a 1099 for 2013 and the amount on it later showed up as Earnings on the Social Security website :

Name:  SSA_2016.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  88.5 KB

And that was after filing a LM tax return. However after many letters to the IRS back n forth they finally gave in and "made the changes you requested" Now my SS file looks like this - no SS earnings. And no SS equals no income tax:

Name:  SSA_2018.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  30.2 KB

Thank you Marcel! Refreshing...

Banned
    Sounds like you got caught up in the AUR machine, Marcel. Automated Under Reporter (AUR) is the IRS codename for their system that detects & responds to reported income mismatches: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleae...cp-2000-notice
    Did you not include the 1099 amount on your tax return? I try to include them on the 1040 return, even if it's just an attached statement explaining why you left it off the return. But glad you won in the end!

It's crunch time. Only three days left til April 17th filing deadline.
    Last edited by lorne; 04-14-18 at 07:31 PM.

Banned
    Redeem some lawful money
    it's not that hard
    You'll feel as powerful
    as Captain Picard

OK here's how I do it...

2) Load up the tax software - this example uses TurboTax but you can use whatever.

3) Enter your reported income. If the Form W-2 from Employer shows $50,000 in Box 1 (Wages) then I enter it as income. Now before we go any further, take a look:

Name:  turbotax1.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  99.5 KB

Top left shows I owe $2177. to the IRS.

4) Enter the amount of reported income that was actually Redeemed Lawful Money. Scroll down to Less Common Income and then Miscellaneous Income. Now scroll down to Other reportable income. This is where I enter the total of my redeemed lawful money for the year. Let's say it was only $15,000. so I label and enter that as a negative number:

Name:  turbotax2.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  44.7 KB

And now look what's happened. I've gone from owing the Feds to ... due a refund of $282:

Name:  turbotax3.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  68.2 KB
    Last edited by lorne; 04-17-18 at 02:06 AM.

Banned
    Now imagine if you redeemed even more lawful money. Note that filing of a LM tax return also serves to correct the presumptions of Federal income. By not filing a return the IRS will presume the 'info returns' are correct; that they reflect amounts of central bank currency. This is your chance to rebut/refute those errant reports and correct the record.

5) Preview and Print. Once you've completed the software questions and entered everything to your satisfaction, it's time to preview and print out the return. The important section of page 1 will look something like this:

Name:  turbotax4.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  83.0 KB

6) Attachments. I will attach a sampling of redeemed lawful money (per 12 USC 411) check deposits made during the year (2017). One, two or three examples typically.

7) Sign and date the return. Get it in the mail postmarked by April 17th, 2018

And ... you're done!

Thank you for sharing Lorne! That could be very helpful. Especially:

Automated Under Reporter (AUR) is the IRS codename for their system that detects & responds to reported income mismatches: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleae...cp-2000-notice
    I am hopeful that the claim matched the withholdings.

On the topic of Get Your Taxes Won...

The really amazing part of it is when you realize that you are doing this, not the IRS. Success is the quickening of the master metaphysician.

Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
    Sounds like you got caught up in the AUR machine, Marcel. Automated Under Reporter (AUR) is the IRS codename for their system that detects & responds to reported income mismatches: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleae...cp-2000-notice
    Did you not include the 1099 amount on your tax return?
    Yes, I did not include the 1099 amount on the tax return as it wasn't taxable. Probably why they gave me such a hard time.

Banned

PAS Unveils ‘Dirty Dozen’ Tax Scams

Name:  dollarbillsonline.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  55.9 KB

As tax season reaches its peak, the Patriot Action Service (PAS) has issued its annual list of “Dirty Dozen” tax scams.

Some of the frauds on the list are examples of how taxpayers are being preyed upon, such as a private bank issuing debt notes hoping victims will use them as money, or claims like “it's as good as gold”. Others are ways Americans are cheated by attorney recommendations, or advice from accountants and CPAs.

“Taxpayers need to guard against ploys to steal their wealth,” the PAS says in a statement announcing the list. “And they should be wary of shady promoters pretending to be officials trying to scam them out of money or talk them into transacting with central bank currency.”

Although scamming is most popular as tax day — or bank panic — approaches, the PAS advises taxpayers to be on the lookout throughout the year.

Here are the Dirty Dozen list’s scams against taxpayers:

Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
    Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
    Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
    Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
    Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
    Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
    Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
    Federal Reserve Bank of New York
    Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
    Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
    Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco