Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
We have the option to demand Lawful Money instead - to operate outside the Federal Reserve district or system. Lawful money is a non-privileged currency; public money not subject to excise.
Right, but without trying to go in circles, nothing stops other entities from reporting information about what they paid to you, as they are not party to your redemption. If one were to submit a return without acknowledging and/or correcting this information, you're likely to get AUR'd.

In your last reply, you stated:

Quote Originally Posted by lorne
But what if you're redeeming lawful money and don't agree that $7k was "self-employment" or "Nonemployee compensation"? Filing a return is your chance to rebut that allegation.
That was the question I was asking, in hopes of getting some guidance (not legal advice, but simply guidance) on how folks here are handling that currently. Since I am redeeming Lawful Money, it does not seem congruent to add this and calculate a LM reduction via a 1040, as that would still acknowledge it as being part of their limited system.

I hope you will be willing to share your experiences, at least at a high level. Not to blindly copy, but just as a concrete example in case there's something I must not be considering. Thank you.