Thread: The critical importance of banking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    My scheme (I learned it from another) has nothing to do with redeeming lawful money. You simply use legal tender as is. Pay your tax for transfer and acceptance of FRNs. Allocate those FRNs into your bank. The bank can then be used to finance your needs and wants in life. The efficiency of operations of the bank increase over time. "Money" transitions from mere money to capital.

There are other benefits included such as tax free earnings, growth, dividends, interest, and protection of equity.

Instead of borrowing your money from others from the same pool. You can borrow it for yourself from your own pool.

Central banking is more regulatory especially of participating banks. Commercial banking is more profit driven.

It wasn't until I studied this stuff more that I realized that in the so-called Commercial Redemption, someone is attempting to apply a banking model to law. Instead, apply a banking model to your personal finance.
    Become a "member bank". I like it!

You are your banker. So many people just save, and so many people are very poor at it. But once you have some capital to work with, this is very nice in itself. You have bank.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Become a "member bank". I like it!

You are your banker. So many people just save, and so many people are very poor at it. But once you have some capital to work with, this is very nice in itself. You have bank.
    You are correct with your last few sentences.

The trick is to turn money into capital.
    Money is ephemeral. Capital is enduring.