Thank you for reminding me! I have not thought about this for many years.

I have associated this more with its formation of the Districts - the States of Colorado, Maryland etc... jurisdiction of federal courts as in USDC District of Colorado, USDC District of Maryland etc.

you had mentioned previously that there was discussion the night before the passage of the 2nd judiciary act that their concern was the legislative ability to affect the currency of the realm thus the ability of the courts, over time, to deliver remedy. That is the exact reference I need to hunt down exact. And help is appreciated. I am certain I heard this first from you. I hope I did not imagine it. Best

I do not think the coinage act addressed this concern with verbiage obviously the object of the open coinage acts does speak to the concern however, in that I agree. Best

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 3:11 AM David Merrill < > wrote:
various Treasury Acts do this. For example you mentioned 1792 and led me to the Coinage Act.

David,

Glad you are excited. This email is a request for some reference, if possible, relating to the concern had prior to the passage of the second juducuary act. I recall you had mentioned there was some discussion that the money supply could be affected by the congress and such interference could indirectly influence the remedy given by the courts as a result. Can you send an image or cite or some reference that addresses this quote? Best S.