Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: Filing 2018 Taxes Advice

  1. #11

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jonathan View Post
    The last thing I want to do is deal with the AUR machine -
    I beat the AUR machine. Fun times. I think it was this thread that got me started:
    https://savingtosuitorsclub.net/show....php?145/page2
    There is a group of people in Colorado who do not pay Income Tax; they are doing it right.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    I beat the AUR machine. Fun times. I think it was this thread that got me started:
    https://savingtosuitorsclub.net/show....php?145/page2
    There is a group of people in Colorado who do not pay Income Tax; they are doing it right.
    That is an interesting suitor on the brain trust. He lives in Brooklyn and sent me photos of my family land claim; father's Patroon side. The Netherlands are big still around New Utrecht (New York).



    The quote is from an IRS attorney overheard during a party. She was sister to a friend of the suitor. She clammed up when she realized she had attracted serious attention but began leaking gossip through her brother. So as the suitor was getting his refunds, he had a real time narrative going with what the IRS was "thinking".

    The brain trust is amazing like that!





    It is no mistake finding the Milestone with George WASHINGTON Revolutionary War memorabilia. My ancestors preserved the "perpetual inheritance" for me through Dutch, British and now American manorial law. WASHINGTON gave his blessing as NEPHALIM priest - MELCHIZEDEK. Look at Genesis 6; Sons of God. Jesus was also a Son of God.

  3. #13
    Hey All,

    Quick update I started all my paperwork by hand and after becoming somewhat frustrated and confused I was pointed to this thread by Lorne http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...axes-Won/page2, I followed the steps with the online TurboTax and my refund did exactly like the screenshots, went from owing to a full refund of all Federal and State income. However, should I be getting back my full state income? I only thought it was the federal we were to get back.

    I haven't added in my small amount from 1099 yet so curious to see what happens then. But I was wondering if I should continue by hand the work or maybe continue to use the online TurboTax? And if I should use TurboTax how would I attach my paychecks, I don't see a place for that anywhere...

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jonathan View Post
    Hey All,

    Quick update I started all my paperwork by hand and after becoming somewhat frustrated and confused I was pointed to this thread by Lorne http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...axes-Won/page2, I followed the steps with the online TurboTax and my refund did exactly like the screenshots, went from owing to a full refund of all Federal and State income. However, should I be getting back my full state income? I only thought it was the federal we were to get back.

    I haven't added in my small amount from 1099 yet so curious to see what happens then. But I was wondering if I should continue by hand the work or maybe continue to use the online TurboTax? And if I should use TurboTax how would I attach my paychecks, I don't see a place for that anywhere...
    So I just finished the online TurboTax (I saved the filing, have not submitted) added in my 1099 and it was spot on (owed $540 on the amount I hadn't paid) so it deducted that portion from my federal return. But what I found out was that I can save and print the documents and then send in with my pay checks endorsed and any other forms I see fit (although I'm starting to second guess sending anything else in other than a few paychecks like David had suggested in an earlier post - January, June and December)

    But I'd like to hear back from anyone else in regards to the TurboTax V. Manual Paperwork route to see what's best - Thanks again everyone for your help, I went from frustrated to pretty damn happy even though I know this refund will more than likely be sent back to the IRS for 2016 and 2017 filings :/

  5. #15
    If you have your withholdings applied to previous liability, please let us know.

    It functions as an admission we are on remedy - spot on.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    If you have your withholdings applied to previous liability, please let us know.

    It functions as an admission we are on remedy - spot on.
    Sorry David, I'm not sure what you mean, can you clarify for me?

  7. #17
    Thanks again everyone for your help, I went from frustrated to pretty damn happy even though I know this refund will more than likely be sent back to the IRS for 2016 and 2017 filings
    That passage is what prompted my comment.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    That passage is what prompted my comment.
    I see - I don't believe I saw a place to apply this refund to past liability, I did see the spot where it allows this refund to be made available for next years tax liability if there were one. I would love to kill two birds with one stone if so by applying this years tax refund to 2016 and 2017. I'll dig into this and see best route or if you have any thoughts feel free to send my way.

    Thanks David

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jonathan View Post
    I see - I don't believe I saw a place to apply this refund to past liability, I did see the spot where it allows this refund to be made available for next years tax liability if there were one. I would love to kill two birds with one stone if so by applying this years tax refund to 2016 and 2017. I'll dig into this and see best route or if you have any thoughts feel free to send my way.

    Thanks David
    David, much research turned up no information on applying this years tax refund to past due amounts, probably because of the fact that I haven't filed meaning there is no tax obligation at the moment until I file those missing years. Seems to me the best course of action would be file this years return, and send in that same money plus return for one of the years tax obligation i.e. 2016 or 2017. After much deliberation on my part and seeing no one else respond to e-filing vs. mail filing, seems e-filing would be the best option in not tripping up the AUR machine, would you agree?

  10. #20
    Hi everyone,

    Here is an update to my filing - I certified mailed both Tax Refunds to their respective addresses on April 10 here are the tracking numbers if you want to take a look;

    70181830000126098521 - Federal Refund to FRESNO, CA
    70181830000126098514 - State Refund to SACRAMENTO, CA

    What's interesting is that my Federal Refund to FRESNO, CA was delivered on April 16th however, my State Refund is somehow not delivered and I suspect is either "lost" or somehow being held but not signed for maybe? Has anyone had this type of issue before? After researching online I can make a request with the PostMaster for a refund and a formal complaint as to why my State Refund was not delivered and with no updates.

    It took some time but looks like my Federal Return is finally being processed by the IRS, however it hasn't been approved yet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •