Hi StSC,

Christopher Jonathon here, been a member since 2016 redeeming Lawful Money and filing for the first time this year (2018 tax season)… I know, why am I just now filing? Let me explain.

I started working at CamelBak Products LLC., in 2015 as a 1099 contractor, it’s also the last year I filed my taxes without redeeming Lawful Money. I am currently married but plan on filing separately for 2016-2018 (My wife does not redeem LM) I learned about Lawful Money at the end of 2015 and started redeeming January of 2016 after talking with and signing up for the StSC through the gracious and intellectually talented David Merrill.

After discussing things through with David about filing 2016 and 2017 I opted out of filing those years because I hadn’t paid any of those years taxes (Not ideal I understand, but needed in paying off other debts). Fast forward to 2017 and I signed on at CamelBak as a W-4 employee (December 5), so I have a 1099 and W2 for that year.

Fast forward again to 2019 and here we are ready to file for 2018. I’m wondering should I go ahead and submit all of my paperwork for 2018 and see where that leads me with the IRS, or does anyone have any information or insight of what’s to come and if I should be filing 2016 and 2017 first? I’d like to sign my wife up to the Brain Trust and start redeeming but she has been quite clear that I need to fix this mess before she enters. Any and all information is warmly welcomed.

If anyone is actually close to the Bay Area (California) I could come to you and sit and go over my paperwork, I’ll also be in Idaho the 19-22 of April, the one thing I do well is my Evidence Repository so I have everything since I started redeeming.

Thanks in advanced for the help