Thread: money transmitting business?

money transmitting business?

I was reading about someone exchanging bitcoin was later charged with operating an unlicensed money transmitting business.
    https://www.theblockcrypto.com/2019/...l-string-cite/

Started wondering, what if he had only accepted lawful money (public money) in exchange? Then perhaps he would need no license.

My experience with bitcoin is that nickel and dime transactions are okay.

It is a MLM though. If you invest big you lose big. If you throw a few hundred into it you can buy and sell stuff. All the stories are shill.

But then, I have very little experience directly. Even when somebody loses $100,000.00 at cybercurrency the ego keeps one too embarrassed to admit it and warn others away.

Banned
    Interesting hypothetical. Accepting US notes in one hand and dispensing bitcoin with the other. Exchanging public money for a digital commodity, neither of which is a Federal Reserve currency.

Marcel, you seem to be suggesting STETKIW could have avoided the charge of operating an unlicensed money transmitting business by avoiding Federal Reserve currency?

Having some experience in this space, the CFTC is criminally wrong about their assertions that it's "money" (i.e. "currency"). You cannot pay your taxes or any other debt with it. It has no stable backing; which is just as much a weakness as it is a strength.

This article is pretty chilling. "they can be easily purchased in exchange for ordinary currency, act[ ] as a denominator of value, and [are] used to conduct financial transactions." -- one could say that about anything that retains value; in the 90s, there was the Beanie Baby craze, where people were "exchanging" money for ones that "held value".

I disagree that it's "MLM"; a person's success is not correlated to activity from a downstream distribution network. Sure, getting more people to buy into it can raise the value of your own holdings, but that's true for many things, like stock markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
    I disagree that it's "MLM"; a person's success is not correlated to activity from a downstream distribution network. Sure, getting more people to buy into it can raise the value of your own holdings, but that's true for many things, like stock markets.
    Okay. The premiere chapter of Christianity Explored, meaning the author Rico TICE visited because it stood out in attendance, was a shadow network for Amway. It can be argued that Amway is not an MLM too, in that one purchases reading "self-help" material from Amway. Also the pyramid mail scams were sending recipes and poems as a product to evade the label - MLM.

The stock certificate for the Fed is the FRN in your wallet. Fed note or US note in that form. So we find it a legalized MLM in that the more endorsement means the more loans available growing the money supply and a loss in value to each certificate. Ergo Congress legalized fiduciary breach of trust to maintain sustainable debt and thus deteriorate the value of each note...

Thank you for the food for thought.

I recall how they almost cancelled a week of Christianity Explored due to an Amway conference in Las Vegas. None of the Table Leaders were there that week. They were all in Las Vegas. I think when Rico visited and realized that his "success" was piggybacked to Amway, he was very disappointed.

P.S. Featured in The Craft of Intelligence by Allen Welsh DULLES was Amsel Meyer ROTHSCHILD using carrier pigeons to discover the results at Waterloo. He sold his stock, misleading others with counterintelligence - then he bought it all up just before the bell.

And then there was Joseph, depending on insider intelligence about the weather - famine and feast - to acquire a lion's share of greater Mesopotamia's gold.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 03-25-19 at 08:25 AM.

Oh Amway is definitely MLM. And I don't like either one however I do like bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
    Marcel, you seem to be suggesting STETKIW could have avoided the charge of operating an unlicensed money transmitting business by avoiding Federal Reserve currency?
    Yes. It could be much like the federal income tax, an excise due on Fed income but you can't discover it from reading the tax code, the statutes alone. It's hidden. You needs keys, a larger perspective and some awareness of the history of money.

Say you were trading silver in one hand for lawful money in the other. Is that a "money transmitting business"? I'm sure the bankers would say so. They need control, to keep everyone using the privileged central bank currency and lockdown all avenues of escape with licenses and rules. Do you need a license to trade, to buy and sell? No, that is your right - unless you're using a privileged currency - FRNs. In the course of STETKIW's business he likely used FRNs, banks and electronic funds transfers, etc. unaware of the nexus. And that requires a license.

Its a mind game to make you think a license is needed to trade money. You don't unless it's their money.
    The title of the article is wrong. He wasn't charged because bitcoin is money - they got him for using FED money without a license. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by marcel; 03-25-19 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    Oh Amway is definitely MLM. And I don't like either one however I do like bitcoin.

Yes. It could be much like the federal income tax, an excise due on Fed income but you can't discover it from reading the tax code, the statutes alone. It's hidden. You needs keys, a larger perspective and some awareness of the history of money.

Say you were trading silver in one hand for lawful money in the other. Is that a "money transmitting business"? I'm sure the bankers would say so. They need control, to keep everyone using the privileged central bank currency and lockdown all avenues of escape with licenses and rules. Do you need a license to trade, to buy and sell? No, that is your right - unless you're using a privileged currency - FRNs. In the course of STETKIW's business he likely used FRNs, banks and electronic funds transfers, etc. unaware of the nexus. And that requires a license.

Its a mind game to make you think a license is needed to trade money. You don't unless it's their money.
    The title of the article is wrong. He wasn't charged because bitcoin is money - they got him for using FED money without a license. Just my opinion.
    Seeing that in the example makes me proud of my career, that I ventured out of the realm of debt/death/doubt, guilt and fear on the pain of war.

The Stem of Jesse, as Judah was doomed by the blatant incest. This, it turns out is why David was such an outcast. The magic of "Hello Eli" comes forth as genetic engineering. With what the ancient Mesopotamians were doing with astronomy it should be no surprise that they mastered the dihybrid cross! Recall how Samuel was raised under the influence of the QETORET - his entire childhood spent inside the Tabernacle. The JESSE clan tried to hide David as NEPHALIM from Samuel, remember?

This is an interesting study about Kings of Israel indeed. More to come...