Thread: What Happened to the Church?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
    Whoa, that's harsh. To pay a million dollars over the years only to find you're no closer to ownership; merely renting. I've never seen an interest-only loan. And the payments weren't going to the bank but rather the mothership, Science of Mind, Golden Colorado. Seems there was some deception involved if the congregation, and even the pastor, thought it was a regular mortgage.
    Kind of like pay us 10% each week so you can assure you "good standing" with God. You know because an all powerful, all knowing being can't handle money and is always in need of more. Or, if you are a member of a certain cult [err church] you can purchase indulgences in advance. And this works because you know the priest REPRESENTS God. What horseshit. I can appreciate the stories/myths because these preserved the truth thru the ages; however, it is truly a sickness when one gets caught in the net of literal [ism].

Just pay your 10 percent down each week and, get this, WHEN YOU DIE, you get the prize. Yippee! Faith be damned, pay up or get out! And yet once one awakens from his long slumber he is met by those who want to, get this, save him! Ugggghhh.

When met with one who would think me to be worthy of his cult, I am reminded of Bill Burr who says so many times to shysters "go f$%k yourself!" When faith falters [when weak am I] I turn to my center [Christ] and I am Strong - pulling up a fish, I take from its mouth and restore any breach. What shall the mountain say to one who has come out of confusion - is not that mountain a plain before a knowledgeable one? Standing on the mountain I declare "it be" and "it be." Should I be compelled to come down the mountain? I think not.
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 04-24-19 at 11:13 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!