Now that I have shown The USofA is not a state or country, I hope it will be easier to see that the citizens of the 50 states are citizens of their respective states, first. And this makes them citizens of The USofA. The State Citizen differs from the U.S. Citizens, who is a federal citizen, first. Federal/U.S. citizens are people born in the territories such as Puerto Rico and also the 14th Amendment citizens who are decedents of formerly enslaved men.

An interesting book says, “This compact [the constitution] created a union of states, not a union of people. The people are not members of the union; only the states are members. This is a critical concept: one is a citizen of his state; national citizenship is derived from state citizenship.”

The book continues, “Prior to the Civil War, there really was not a true concept of “citizen of the United States”. In the strictest sense, everyone was simply a citizen of the state where he lived, and naturalization was a state process.”

As specified in the Northwest Ordinance, The USofA, the union, manages the territories of the 13 united states. The people in those territories are federal citizens or also called U.S. Citizens. When a form asks if thou is a U.S. citizen, it is asking if thou was born in a territory or if thou is a 14th Amendment citizen (a descendant of enslaved men). These people, and others, are subjects of or subject to the federation. I have also seen the phrase citizen-subject.

When the constitution says ‘been seven years a Citizen of the United States’, it means a citizen of one of the 13 united states. Not a citizen of the union. It would be impossible to have been seven years a Citizen of some fictitious nation-state called The USofA, because The USofA was being created at that moment. It’s worth repeating that Citizen of the United States means one is citizen of one of the 13 states. One is a Virginian or Texan. One is not an ‘American’ which technically means nothing.

The label ‘Citizen of the United States’ as stated in the constitution is not the same as ‘U.S. citizen’. The former is a state citizen. The latter is a federal citizen, such as a Puerto Rican.

Pop quiz: Can a Coloradan lawfully smoke cannabis? Yes. Can the federal government stop him or her? No, unless that man or woman claims to be a federal U.S. citizen. A Puerto Rican cannot smoke cannabis in Colorado because a Puerto Rican was born in a territory of the USofA and is therefore a federal U.S. citizen and must abide by the statutes of the federal congress.

Since The USofA is not a state, why would federal agencies have jurisdiction over land or events within one of the 50 United States? Why would the FBI investigate a crime committed within a state? This is like the UN coming to investigate something in Vermont. The UN does not have jurisdiction. The federal government does not have jurisdiction either. But if no one objects, that would be acceptance by acquiescence or possibly waiving rights.

Since thy state is actually a nation-state, if one wants to hoist a flag, one would absolutely fly the state flag first. National pride would be pride in one’s state, not the USofA. One could also fly the USofA flag, if one were sending a message to states worldwide or if one also felt proud of the 50-state union as well.

Now that most state citizens have been duped into thinking they are federal U.S. citizens, the next step will either be to convince them they are citizens of a North American union with Canada and Mexico or convince people they are citizens of the world.
Next up: World Citizen

The Hollywood propaganda machine has started mentioning this concept called a ‘citizen of the world’. See the Men in Black International trailer where a main character says, “We’ve been compromised. [This] puts every citizen of this planet at risk.” Maybe that is why the word ‘international’ is in the title. They want us to root for an international body and claim to be citizens of this body. Watch out, then thou will need to follow the statutes of this international federation or association.

The people of a state can of course agree to become subjects of an association and make their state subject to an association in all affairs. The people of the 13 United States, now 50, did not do this. They delegated specific activities to the union congress and reserved all other powers to the states or the people, as stated in the 10th amendment.

Map of the USofA with state flags on top of each state

Now that thou knows The USofA is not a country or state or nation, I hope it will be easier to know that thou is a state citizen and not beholden to most of the statutes of the federal government (the government for the federation). Thou can and must say, “Sorry, I am not a U.S. citizen. I am a state citizen. I am not subject to or a subject of the United States, in Congress Assembled, per the 14th Amendment.”

Then starting singing the national anthem of thy home state while waiving the state flag.

Postscript: Some administrative steps are likely needed to undo any times thou has consented to being called a U.S./Federal citizen. But, take heart, one can’t claim to be something one is not.