I always send an addenda like this with my 1040, this is my 4th year doing so:

2018 Form 1040 Line 21 Supporting Addenda

Demand for Lawful Money Reduction and Full Discharge Per 12 USC §411 & 12 USC §95a(2)
Name: JOHN SMITH
SSN: 123-45-6789

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beginning in October 2014 and continuing indefinitely, a substantive record of demand for lawful money and full discharge pursuant to 12 U.S.C. §411 and 12 U.S.C. §95a(2) was made on checks received and deposit slips, with the following phrase written or stamped conspicuously:

LAWFUL MONEY AND FULL DISCHARGE IS DEMANDED FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS PURSUANT TO 12 U.S.C. §411 AND §95a(2)

Most recently, a Wells Fargo checking account ending in 1234 was opened on Jan 2nd, 2018 using a paper application with the lawful money and full discharge demand verbiage above stamped conspicuously on each page of the application. The bank retains the original document and I have provided a copy with this 1040. This demand applies to all transactions including direct deposit.

Copies of 12 U.S.C. §411, 12 USC §95a(2), Federal Reserve Act section 16, and U.S. Treasury FAQ referencing United States Notes are also attached as evidence.
Today I got a weird little note from our friends at the IRS:

Dear Taxpayer:

Thank you for the inquiry dated May 1st, 2019.

We need more information to answer your questions.

Please explain your problem in detail and send us any information you believe would be helpful, such as copies of correspondence or notices relating to your situation.

We received a Demand for Lawful Money Reduction and Full Discharge Per 12 USC 411 & 12 USC 95a(2) request, but we don't know what to do.

Return this letter, with your original inquiry, within 30 days from the date of this letter. If we don't hear from you, we can take no further action on your account. We have enclosed an envelope for your convenience.

Thank you for your cooperation.
How should I approach this? Should I say "There are no problems, I have redeemed public money without a problem" or something more like contract law "Refusal for cause, without dishonor UCC 3-501." This is really the first hiccup that I've had in redeeming lawful money and submitting a 1040 (which I haven't figured out how to safely opt out of yet).