I am reposting here a presentation made by lotus: justice and her notes.

Municipal Powers 101

The greater point of this video and the citations provided is that a resolutions of a municipal council, or an administrative order, when not considered as a law, or an ultra vires ordinance (this is a whole other issue in Equity Law), cannot impair a contract obligation. Neither is the decision of a municipal judicial tribunal considered the passage of a law. I have heard that general corporations proper were originally outlawed on the Land of the States of America united as they were seen as instruments of corruptions....I have not researched this belief to see if it is founded in Fact but I can say that such a thing was told to me before I understood their history, design and function in a state in coup. Having said that, this is what this video shall bring to the truth as the coup of the municipal corporations of the States of America united by the foreign BAR Union and the overlaying state as a corporate instrument upon the people is the root of all coup powers as the checks and balances of the 4th Branch have been obfuscated and thus removed by those who would do harm to the world at large by forcing foreign jurisdictions upon All Free People of The Land. In this video I brought forth the positive law in case citations. Such citations are as follows but I cannot speak to whether these causes have been overturned since they were settled upon the bar as I have not 'Shepardized" them in Shepard's Citations. Thus if anyone finds they have been overturned, please just send me that citation.

**"Federal Limitations Upon Municipal Ordinance Making Power," The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY PRESS, COLUMBUS ,1929. **The hierarchy of Law and law as statute, Whitney v Robertson, 124 U.S.190, 194, 31 L. Ed. 386 (1888).

**Executive rules and order are subordinate to the Federal and State Constitutions though not expressed in them but as organized under the army and navy regulations as the constitutional power of the Commander in Chief.

**The power to create, alter and abolish municipal corporations are within state territorial jurisdictions, Jefferson City Gas Light Co. v Clark et al. 95 U.S 644, 24 L. Ed. 521 (1877); City of Quincy v Cooke 107 U.S. 549, 27 L. Ed. 549 (1883); Girard v City of Philadelphia, 7 Wall. 1, 19 L. Ed. 53 (1869); Long Island Water Supply Company v City of Brooklyn, 166 U.S. 685, 41 L. Ed. 1165 (1897).

**Power to grant charters is a legislative power and must be exercises as such under the doctrine of the separation of powers though by constitutional amendment cities may frame and adopt their own municipal charters, City of St. Louis v Western Union Telegraph Co. 149 U.S. 465, 37 L. Ed. 810, (1893).

**Municipalities are mere agents of the state legislatures created by it to aid it in the administration of the state’s business and are thus deemed administrative areas when challenged and/or engaged in federal constitutional inquiry, Town of East Hartford v Hartford v Hartford Bridge Co., 10 How. 511, 13 L. Ed. 518 (1850); Rogers v City of Burlington, 3 Wall. 654, 18 L. Ed. 79 (1850); United States v Baltimore & Ohio Ry. Co., 17 Wall 322, 21 L. Ed. 597 (1873); Nashville v Ray, 19 Wall 468, 22 L. Ed. 164 (1874); Maryland v Baltimore & Ohio Ry. Co., 3 How. 534, 11 L. Ed. 174 (1845); Weightman v Washington, 1 Black 39, 17 L. Ed. 52 (1862), Chicago B.&O. Ry. v County of Otoe, 16 Wall 667, 21 L. Ed. 375 (1873).

**Federal courts have jurisdiction and cognizance to resolve issues arising from federal constitutional inquiry and are resolved in the same manner as between state and federal governments. Such as in

-Power of municipalities to tax or not to tax United States stock or bank capital invested in United States treasury notes: McCulloch v Maryland in Wenton v City of Charlston, 2 Pet. 449, 7 L. Ed. 481 (1829); Bank of New York v County of New York, 7 Wall. 26, 19 L. Ed 60 (1869).

-The federal government shall retain the first lien on unpaid balances on the sale of land under Acts of Congress and municipal corporation tax liens do not supersede such federal liens, City of Brunswick v U. S. and U.S. Housing Corporation, 276 U. S. 547, 48 Sup. Ct. Rep. 371, 72 L. Ed. 693 (1928).

-Federal government will not levy or collect taxation of states or municipal except in proprietary activities, Salt Lake City v Hollister, 118 U.S. 256, 30 L. Ed 176 (1886), City of Philadelphia v Diehl, 5 Wall. 720, 18 L. Ed. 614 (1867), United States v Baltimore & Ohio R. Co., 17 Wall. 322, 24 L. Ed. 597 (1873).

-The federal jurisdictional cognizance over municipal charters extends to bond and/or all other powers to contract where the “power to contract with the citizens of other states implies liability to suit by citizens of other states, Mercer Co. v Cowles, 7 Wall. 118, 19 L. Ed. 86 (1869).

-A federally incorporated charter does not operate against the right to exercise the proper police powers of the city, Ill. Cent. Ry. Co. v City of Chicago, 176 U.S 646, 44 L. Ed. 622(1900).