Thread: Tax Filing for California

Tax Filing for California

Hi All,

My name is Kris and I've been perusing this site for a while. it is amazing. When I file my tax return for TY2019, I will be doing the Lawful Money demand for the first time. I've been endorsing all my paychecks all year with the demand verbiage, etc. etc. I think I have a pretty good grasp of everything on the federal side with the form 1040 and Schedule 1. But......I'm not sure about how to do the state filing. I live in California. Does anyone know? Is the process for filing with the state the same as federal? Which form would you put the verbiage and what line do you put the gross income in parentheses?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

We (the brain trust) are having success with the FTB - Franchise Tax Board. If you have been keeping up over the years it has been a slog. [Recently I began to think of combined words of second consonant similarity - sLow cLog is SLOG. Is there a name for that?] California seems to have been like independent law. As compared to most States, that simply follow a percentage of the federal liability.

Please keep updated with Coffee Chats and by becoming a gold or silver Member at Lawful Money Trust. A recent Coffee Chat is about some form changes if you need to report, to get your withholdings returned.

I am very pleased with how many people are finding remedy so exciting, and for reasons other than the 30% pay raise.