Thread: Two Name Paper- Federal Reserve Notes

Two Name Paper- Federal Reserve Notes

Two Name Paper
    A two name paper is a nickname assigned to a legal agreement for the purposes of a trade paper acceptance. Both trade acceptances and banker's acceptances can be called a two name paper. In order to bear this name, these instruments must carry two signatures, one for the drawer of the paper and one for the endorser of the paper, typically an accepter and a banker. Because two signatures are required, a two name paper is also sometimes referred to as a double-name paper.
    When a trade acceptance occurs with a draft that has both the issuer and the receiver’s signatures on it, it is considered a two name paper. Two name papers for trade acceptances are different than typical loaning agreements because they are generally drawn up on behalf of the seller, not the receiver. The two name paper stipulates that the seller will be paid back. If a note is drawn up by the buyer, it is typically called a promissory note, when the buyer is taking out a loan and promising to give it back.
    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/two-name-paper.asp

Thank you Gavilan;

I love this website because of so many things to learn here!

You are welcome, my pleasure reallyName:  twoname-1.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  334.1 KBName:  twoname-2.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  391.2 KBName:  twoname-3.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  383.4 KB!

They were planing on taking out the U.S. Notes.
    Name:  twoname-2-take out single name paper.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  392.5 KB

Name:  twoname-3-do not understand notes.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  387.2 KB
    Last edited by Gavilan; 01-10-20 at 05:23 PM.

Banned
    "There is a mechanism by which you can put the IRS on notice that your earnings last year (and the year before that, etc.) are not federally connected*, and the money withheld due to a misunderstanding of the law should be returned to you. (You must be willing to accept payment by check.) The forms are provided on the IRS website. Form 1040 is the primary method to make your valid claim."

-Willie Shields

* as suitors we know this to include use of the commercial paper known as Federal Reserve credit.
    Last edited by lorne; 01-13-20 at 04:58 PM.

Mighty fine thread here, Gavilan.

Kudos to you.

My friend and I borrowed money from a family member to finance a car. We drew up a Promissory Note detailing the payback terms; amount, due date, interest, penalty and so forth. It has two signatures... the 2 borrowers.

There are two clear benefits. One, we borrowed lawful money of the U.S... not Federal Reserve notes. Two, we got a better interest rate than the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    My friend and I borrowed money from a family member to finance a car. We drew up a Promissory Note detailing the payback terms; amount, due date, interest, penalty and so forth. It has two signatures... the 2 borrowers.

There are two clear benefits. One, we borrowed lawful money of the U.S... not Federal Reserve notes. Two, we got a better interest rate than the bank.
    KUDOS, Marcel!

I hope the best for your family, and that it is a reliable car. Thank you for posting here.