Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
It appears that 72 hours is the customary and traditional time span for considering a contract offer. If after 72 hours the offer has not been refused, it may be regarded as accepted.

Timing is everything, but who counts the hours?
I once R4C'd a wage garnishment which was 2 months old, but I successfully R4C'd it within 72 hours of discovering it's origin.

In the federal enclave which is traditionally called "my mailbox" there may be contract offers which I don't know about yet, because that federal enclave is a quarter mile away from a place I call my home on earth, and therefore I don't check it every day.

I count those 72 hours from the time that I discover a contract offer. This has worked well for me so far.
If I'm not ready to deal with paperwork, let's say on a Friday afternoon with the Sabbath hours drawing near, I don't even go near that federal enclave.

I also have CtC experience, and if you look around the forum you will find my posts on the matter.
The LoR has worked well for me and DH, and we've learned a lot in the process; like how to avoid excessive paperwork and persecution from the IRS for example and how to contract more successfully.
I hear what you are saying and thank you for the feedback. The ramifications of this knowledge are quite profound. I find it difficult to go through every day life, interacting with people the way I used to. It's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. Even today, going to the ball game here in San Francisco, a gentleman came up to us parking the truck. He warned us about the local revenue agents ticketing for not parking close enough to the curb and "curbing" the tires. I have always been disdainful of what those in positions of so-called power had to say. The revenue generation goes on everywhere all around us like the lambs being lead....not to mention the slow degradation of the relationship between those in power and the great unwashed. The rise of the Praetorian class as I read it described recently. O/T I know. C'est tout.