Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete HENDRICKSON's Lost Horizons - Solutions?

bobbinville
    That's not what I said. Sometimes there is too much government spending; sometimes there is not enough, and sometimes there is just the right amount. Call it the "Goldilocks Theory", if that will help you.

JohnnyCash
    Oh! a quadruple posting; so like someone else I know. I just wanted to see your 1900 silver dollar. Most collectors are quite proud of their coins and eager to show them off - unless of course - you don't own one. That would be embarrassing wouldn't it? To say you're a coin collector, talk about a 1900 silver dollar and then not be able to provide a picture of it like I did!

I know a bit about the Great Depression, my Dad was born into it and as a kid went shoeless all summer. It's funny but as poor as the family was, he recalls those days like they were the best years of his life.

Did I call you [redacted]? I'm sorry; Freudian slip. Would you like me to remove it? Hey, speaking of Freud ... did you know that Edward Bernays, the father of PR & propaganda, was Freud's double nephew?
    The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.[14]
    - Edward Bernays in Propaganda (1928)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 07-16-13 at 04:13 PM.

I think it is a big Internet JohnnyCash. Additionally the "Q" is quite frankly lacking a dimension of entertainment since I have been banished too so it makes sense that some of the members there might be meandering over here.

My point is that I feel your presumptions that everybody who makes some traditional party line opinions, in your opinion deserves to be badgered about being an attorney "Q" type. Please limit your badgering and accusations to one or two posts and then let it go.

bobbinville
    Thanks, David. I came onto this forum to share what I have to say, when I have something which I feel with be helpful to the posts which I see here; and beyond that I don't care to take up space with extended arguments.

Noah
    Mr. Bobbinville, I purchased this coin from a fellow in Germany. What do you make of it?
    And a very happy Fourth of July holiday to all.

JohnnyCash
    ooo very nice Noah, thank you. Yes David, the Q has lost most all entertainment value without you. Though it's perfectly understandable why they would banish. After all I waltzed in there a rank HENDRICKSON beginner, discovered the quatlosers had no real answer to redeeming lawful money & nothing but ridicule for you. So I parlayed that into remedy and a 6-year victory over the bankster's IRS. They couldn't risk that happening again!

And look who is following along with our conversation as revealed at FreedomWatch. Yes our beloved "jesse james" who you see adopted a nasty tone towards me (for what purpose I can only guess). Perhaps he forgot I'm immune to his venom.

Yes, I may be wrong about "bobbinville" ... but perhaps I see things others don't. What if half the logins here belong to the Q?
    I wonder who bobbinville's expert is? Pottapauq?.
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 07-04-13 at 07:06 PM.

bobbinville
    That's a very nice piece, Noah. One of my specialties is German coins of the Second Reich. It looks like the Long Beard variety, which in 2006 was worth $250 in Fine condition. The "D" means that the coin was struck at the Munich Mint (which still strikes coins today).

For the sake of you Suitors who are not coin collectors: after 1873, all Germans used the same coins from 1 Pfennig up through 1 Mark. For 2 Mark, 3 Mark and 5 Mark coins (silver) and 5 Mark (briefly), 10 Mark and 20 Mark (gold), most coins bore the portrait of the Kaiser and King of Prussia; but the other German kingdoms, principalities. grand duchies, duchies, free cities and so on were allowed to mint their own coinage, using the common reverse and the imperial coinage standards. The Duchy of Saxe-Meiningen was located in what is now the "Land" (State) of Thuringia; and the last Duke abdicated in 1918. Noah has, not just a valuable and attractive coin, but a nice piece of history -- which is one reason why I, too, collect German coins.

bobbinville
    As for whether any Quatloosians are over here under other guises... so what? If you believe in what you say, you should be able to defend it to anyone.

Noah
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbinville View Post
    That's a very nice piece, Noah. One of my specialties is German coins of the Second Reich. It looks like the Long Beard variety, which in 2006 was worth $250 in Fine condition. The "D" means that the coin was struck at the Munich Mint (which still strikes coins today).
    No, that is Short Beard variety of Georg II - Large Crowned Imperial Eagle with the cropped beard, 90% silver. See here is the Long beard - notice the end of the beard is rounded and nearly touches the ring of dots.

bobbinville
    Thanks for the correction. I didn't have a pic of the short beard variety; but I'll save your database as a resource.