Thread: NEED HELP - MD State Tax

NEED HELP - MD State Tax

Hello everyone; hope you're all well!

So 2019 is my first year filing a Lawful Money return and while I was able to find great resources for the Federal filing I was not able to locate much on state filings. Which is why I am now posting asking for some insight and help.

I filed my MD state and received my refund however they "adjusted" what they understood to be an incomplete return filed.

On the MD 502 in the INCOME section it states: ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME FROM YOUR FEDERAL RETURN - which is $0 due to filing RLM return. However, my mistake was not showing MD where I was making my demand for LM. I have their corrected return and would like to know what options are available here to me.

I did download the Amended tax return forms and reviewed them. My question is how do I go about refusing this return and using the amounts they have already "approved" as they corrected them to file my Amended return and providing them with a copy of my federal return package along with the Supporting Schedule DfLM ?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I also filed federal but have not been updated on their site yet. Signature card stamp was 7/24 but post marked 7/15.

I did provide MD with this :

2019 Maryland Code
    Tax - General
    Title 10 - Income Tax
    Subtitle 1 - Definitions; General Provisions
    § 10-101. Definitions
    Universal Citation: MD Tax-Gen Code § 10-101 (2019)
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...1/sect-10-101/
    (a) In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.
    (e) “Federal adjusted gross income” means:
    (1) for an individual other than a fiduciary, the individual’s adjusted gross income as determined under the Internal Revenue Code;
    (2) for a fiduciary other than one described in item (3) of this subsection, the fiduciary’s taxable income, as determined under the Internal Revenue Code, increased by the amount allowed to the fiduciary as a deduction for a personal exemption under § 642(b) of the Internal Revenue Code; or
    (3) for a fiduciary exempt from taxation under § 408(e)(1) or § 501 of the Internal Revenue Code, the fiduciary’s unrelated business taxable income as defined under § 512 of the Internal Revenue Code.

(i) “Maryland taxable income” means:
    (1) for an individual, Maryland adjusted gross income, less the exemptions and deductions allowed under this title; and
    (2) for a corporation, Maryland modified income as allocated under this title.
    § 10-102. Imposition of tax -- In general
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...1/sect-10-102/

Except as provided in § 10-104 of this subtitle, a tax is imposed on the Maryland taxable income of each individual and of each corporation.
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...1/sect-10-107/
    § 10-107. Application of federal income tax law
    To the extent practicable, the Comptroller shall apply the administrative and judicial interpretations of the federal income tax law to the administration of the income tax laws of this State
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...i/sect-10-203/.
    Subtitle 2 - Maryland Taxable Income Calculations for Individual
    Part II - Maryland Adjusted Gross Income
    § 10-203. In general
    Except as provided in Subtitle 4 of this title, the Maryland adjusted gross income of an individual is the individual's federal adjusted gross income for the taxable year as adjusted under this Part II of this subtitle.

Hopefully the links work and someone may find useful on their state taxes as well.

RC

Quote Originally Posted by Richierich View Post
    Hello everyone; hope you're all well!

So 2019 is my first year filing a Lawful Money return and while I was able to find great resources for the Federal filing I was not able to locate much on state filings. Which is why I am now posting asking for some insight and help.

I filed my MD state and received my refund however they "adjusted" what they understood to be an incomplete return filed.

On the MD 502 in the INCOME section it states: ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME FROM YOUR FEDERAL RETURN - which is $0 due to filing RLM return. However, my mistake was not showing MD where I was making my demand for LM. I have their corrected return and would like to know what options are available here to me.

I did download the Amended tax return forms and reviewed them. My question is how do I go about refusing this return and using the amounts they have already "approved" as they corrected them to file my Amended return and providing them with a copy of my federal return package along with the Supporting Schedule DfLM ?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I also filed federal but have not been updated on their site yet. Signature card stamp was 7/24 but post marked 7/15.

I did provide MD with this :

2019 Maryland Code
    Tax - General
    Title 10 - Income Tax
    Subtitle 1 - Definitions; General Provisions
    § 10-101. Definitions
    Universal Citation: MD Tax-Gen Code § 10-101 (2019)
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...1/sect-10-101/
    (a) In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.
    (e) “Federal adjusted gross income” means:
    (1) for an individual other than a fiduciary, the individual’s adjusted gross income as determined under the Internal Revenue Code;
    (2) for a fiduciary other than one described in item (3) of this subsection, the fiduciary’s taxable income, as determined under the Internal Revenue Code, increased by the amount allowed to the fiduciary as a deduction for a personal exemption under § 642(b) of the Internal Revenue Code; or
    (3) for a fiduciary exempt from taxation under § 408(e)(1) or § 501 of the Internal Revenue Code, the fiduciary’s unrelated business taxable income as defined under § 512 of the Internal Revenue Code.

(i) “Maryland taxable income” means:
    (1) for an individual, Maryland adjusted gross income, less the exemptions and deductions allowed under this title; and
    (2) for a corporation, Maryland modified income as allocated under this title.
    § 10-102. Imposition of tax -- In general
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...1/sect-10-102/

Except as provided in § 10-104 of this subtitle, a tax is imposed on the Maryland taxable income of each individual and of each corporation.
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...1/sect-10-107/
    § 10-107. Application of federal income tax law
    To the extent practicable, the Comptroller shall apply the administrative and judicial interpretations of the federal income tax law to the administration of the income tax laws of this State
    https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...i/sect-10-203/.
    Subtitle 2 - Maryland Taxable Income Calculations for Individual
    Part II - Maryland Adjusted Gross Income
    § 10-203. In general
    Except as provided in Subtitle 4 of this title, the Maryland adjusted gross income of an individual is the individual's federal adjusted gross income for the taxable year as adjusted under this Part II of this subtitle.

Hopefully the links work and someone may find useful on their state taxes as well.

RC
    Thank you for the links and doing research into state code. I appreciate being able to find things here. My attention is drawn to:

§ 10-203. In general
    That Subtitle II consists of four parts:

Where does the rubber meet the road? You are no longer an individual. You are Redeemed. But you failed to make a proper demand. As you see from the links, the Law is written for the individual. The Lesson Plan I offer goes into:

1. true identity
    2. record forming - Refusal for Cause R4C
    3. redeeming lawful money

Enlisting your mental resources into the brain trust integrates the joinder of Redeemed, into a form of unity. Christians say the law no longer applies to them - fine. That is very true except that the religion they believe forms ecclesiastic unity is tax exempt under the CODE (Title 26) for the Individual. Commercial priestcraft plays a slight of hand - government religion.

However, my mistake was not showing MD where I was making my demand for LM. I have their corrected return and would like to know what options are available here to me.
    I am making presumptions, on lack of information. Here I presume you mean that you did not send the three backside non-endorsement paychecks with your Redeemed Lawful Money stamp? From January, July and December?

In other words the first step is for you to find your church home. Same old story. Are you redeemed? Or are you simply mimicking the redeemed in a new setting?

I am asking the important question but you might get by without my Lesson Plan. You have the adjustment form and apparently know what went wrong. So adjust the Return information and correct the State Revenue Agency. But you are outside their definition because you are not the individual they intend the law for. So not getting it right the first time may become messy.

Next question is how much money do they have on account? Is it even worth the trouble to correct it this year? Then again if there is that much money on the state withholdings account you can contact me by PM about finding that church home through the Lesson Plan.

Name:  Field ascension.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  88.1 KB

I will help you express yourself with a record, so that the state of Maryland has the chance to regain honor. I cannot guarantee that is where this will go, of course - but we can make the offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Merrill; 09-23-20 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Thank you for the links and doing research into state code. I appreciate being able to find things here. My attention is drawn to:
    - My pleasure, the least I could do with the information that's already provided. Hopefully other members find some usefulness in them.

That Subtitle II consists of four parts:

Where does the rubber meet the road? You are no longer an individual. You are Redeemed. But you failed to make a proper demand. As you see from the links, the Law is written for the individual. The Lesson Plan I offer goes into:

1. true identity
    2. record forming - Refusal for Cause R4C
    3. redeeming lawful money
    I am most certain interested in your Lesson Plan and my intentions were to do such with the returns. I'm tired of the bondage!!

Enlisting your mental resources into the brain trust integrates the joinder of Redeemed, into a form of unity. Christians say the law no longer applies to them - fine. That is very true except that the religion they believe forms ecclesiastic unity is tax exempt under the CODE (Title 26) for the Individual. Commercial priestcraft plays a slight of hand - government religion.

I am making presumptions, on lack of information. Here I presume you mean that you did not send the three backside non-endorsement paychecks with your Redeemed Lawful Money stamp? From January, July and December?

In other words the first step is for you to find your church home. Same old story. Are you redeemed? Or are you simply mimicking the redeemed in a new setting?

I am asking the important question but you might get by without my Lesson Plan. You have the adjustment form and apparently know what went wrong. So adjust the Return information and correct the State Revenue Agency. But you are outside their definition because you are not the individual they intend the law for. So not getting it right the first time may become messy.

Next question is how much money do they have on account? Is it even worth the trouble to correct it this year? Then again if there is that much money on the state withholdings account you can contact me by PM about finding that church home through the Lesson Plan.
    - Correct, I failed to show the demand on the return and I failed to send the supporting documents that I sent with my Fed return.

Name:  Field ascension.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  88.1 KB

I will help you express yourself with a record, so that the state of Maryland has the chance to regain honor. I cannot guarantee that is where this will go, of course - but we can make the offer.
    I will send you a PM sir, and thanking you in advance for your assistance!

RC