Quote Originally Posted by Gavilan View Post
I came home one day, and picked up my small Terrier into my arms and gave thanks and praise for having it into my life. At that moment I saw a clear vision that the terrier was dead in my hands, its body lifeless. I felt a tremendous pain that I fell into my knees and heard a voice clear in my head, "YOU ADORE THAT DOG MORE THAN YOUR GOD!", I gasped, tears welled and rained down my face. "How is it so," I replied, "when I deeply know that my puppy is a gift from my LORD?" My body convulsed, I saw a flash of white and in that instant I glimpsed all my forefathers and ancestors that has come before me, they weren't dead and then I knew that I am just part of this iteration of what IT is...
I've been there. I have learned so much from my dogs about love and forgiveness. One day I was looking at "my dog" and I wondered what makes this dog mine and then I considered "I wonder if he knows he is a dog?"

Then we just enjoyed each other's company because I am sure he does not know I'm a human [whatever that is]. So I spoke the name of which I call my dog and he looked up at me and thought "what in the hell are you saying?" Roflmao. He then bit me on the toes so as to reassure me I had no ownership of him.