Lawful money redeemer here since 2013. My checking account at Wells Fargo has the lawful money demand on a paper application for the account and I have a copy so I’m good to go there for my employment income and have been for years.

My 401k from a previous employer got rolled over and I decided to move that into Index Funds, stocks, and also Meme stocks like AMC and GME.

Hypothetically we hope and say that $50 meme stocks go to $100,000 per share, humor me please, it may happen it may not. I’d be curious to see a thread here entirely about Reddit Meme stocks but the question of the day for this thread…

I don’t have a special signature card at Fidelity (my IRA rollover account broker). Let’s say I become an overnight millionaire who normally redeems lawful money via my checking account and has been income tax exempt without complication for almost a decade. Assuming the overnight millionaire thing happens sooner or later from a short squeeze, how would I prepare for this to avoid massive cap gains tax and early withdrawal penalties if I wanted to enjoy a portion of the money (I’m in my 30s)? Would it be as simple as sell and transfer it into my lawful money account or sell and request a check to be safe and stamp it with my LM demand? Would I be covered to avoid penalties and taxation?

Thank you for humoring me.