Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
Hello Jim M
Welcome to the forum.

I believe that you will have to make a decision as to who you want to see getting married, and for what purpose.

Would you like for a natural man and woman (you and your fianceé) to get married to each other, before your Creator, and in service to Him, so as to not be in violation of His seventh commandment as you engage in an intimate relationship with each other?
Then all you need are a couple of live human adult witnesses to witness you and your fianceé's exchange of vows before the Eternal One, and it's done.
The blueprint for biblical marriage is contained in Genesis chapter 24.

If you want for your FIRST M LAST + SS# xxx-xx-xxxx + DOB + DL# persons to get married however, you will have to somehow involve the STATE wherein these persons reside, in order for this STATE (TENNESSEE) or the US federal government (IRS, SSA, DHS, etc) to recognize the union between these persons.

The STATE only has power over it's own creations, of which your person is a part.
Your Creator has power over your soul and body.

What will your purpose be?
thanks for welcoming me! i looked around last night after posting and this place has a lot of interesting stuff!!!

That's what I was afraid of...do it their way(the wrong way) and it be accepted, or do it the right way and they will ignore it. by any chance would signing the state's license with "under protest" make any difference? I'd like for it to be both accepted by the state whilst not governed by them, but I'm guessing that does not and cannot exist. if they couldn't have their hand in our marriage, they wouldn't be issuing us permission to do something we have a right to do...am i right? We're not especially christian, but we are religious folk who believe we were given certain rights by our Creator.