Quote Originally Posted by Trust Guy View Post
Thank You MJ, Quite a thoughtful post. Give me something to ponder as I go about the days chores.

Let’s take a quick look at the debate over the Title of the Constitution ( of / for ) the United States of America.

It doesn’t exist. Take a look at the Document in the National Archives and put that debate to rest.

Document starts with We the People.

I invite you all do your own quick study on the pertinent words.

this Constitution for the United States of America

I wish to direct your inquiry particularly to the word “for”.

FOR, prep. [L. per.; The English, for; to forbid. For corresponds in sense with the L. pro, as fore does with proe, but pro and proe are probably contracted from prod, proed. The Latin por, in composition, as in porrigo, is probably contracted from porro, Gr. which is the English far. The Gr. are from the same root. The radical sense of for is to go, to pass, to advance, to reach or stretch.]

1. Against; in the place of; as a substitute or equivalent, noting equal value or satisfactory compensation, either in barter and sale, in contract, or in punishment. "And Joseph gave them bread in exchange for horses, and for flocks, and for the cattle of the herds;" that is, according to the original, he gave them bread against horses like the Gr. Gen. 48:17.

2. In the place of; instead of; noting substitution of persons, or agency of one in the place of another with equivalent authority. An attorney is empowered to act for his principal. Will you take a letter and deliver it for me at the post office? that is, in my place, or for my benefit.

Please do look at the Webster’s 1828 link provided. There are a total of 31 definitions.

The word “of” is not in the online Webster’s. 3 letter minimum was put up. In the bound edition the section goes on for a column and a half. I have typed a very little from it and pointed out what we consider the most pertinent. It’s worth at least one read through if you can access the bound edition.

OF, prep - [ The primary sense is departing, issuing or proceeding from; but this sense has been modified by usage ]

1. From or out of; proceeding from, as the cause, source, means, author or agent bestowing.

About one column down - Of sometimes implies a part or share.
------------------------------------

Well, I've dallied enough. Got work to do.

Be Well All, TG
Yes, lets look at these words at face value. It does not say men and women, it says for the U.S. of A in trust. Who is your trust in?

I would have felt a little better about it if it would have said: "Constitution for Man in the Providence" , why not? The United Nations is in New York, all of the shipping ports are sold out, china owns a good portion of the debts, basically the capital of the world here, what would be the difference?

A man cannot have 2 masters, he will love the one and hate the other. So on this premise does this Constitution have anything do do with us without our consent?

Disparata Non Debent Jungi.