Thread: Cheap Geiger Counters

Cheap Geiger Counters

While most if not all the $700 Geiger Counters are unavailable I found a cheap build-it-yourself kit online. They sent it out immediately.

This morning's news sounds particularly grim.

Last edited by David Merrill; 05-20-11 at 12:23 PM.

Aren't they the same thing?
    One is Physical the other is mental but you're still getting hurt badly either way.
    I think chronic pain s worse because I've seen it lead straight to death

Quote Originally Posted by insa80 View Post
    Aren't they the same thing?
    One is Physical the other is mental but you're still getting hurt badly either way.
    I think chronic pain s worse because I've seen it lead straight to death

Welcome Insa80;

I find that there are more than just physical and mental components to healthy living. That you address more than physical is fairly rare.

Especially with radiation poisoning though, I find it interesting that you address mental at all. I have not studied into it very much but find Fukushima to be what we were warned about in high school ('70's). This will manifest fully when the radioactive coolant water leaks out of the cracked tank, into the ocean.

I am not an expert. What I understand is that there is basically a sun inside burning away and the technicians are using water to keep it from burning up the radioactive core all at once. They cannot put it out but control it a little. when the water boils they circulate it and the water becomes very radioactive after it is cycled through a few times. This water is the danger, as it is difficult to keep from the ocean water.

The poisoning comes from the radioactive water and dust becoming lodged in tissues like the thyroid gland. The radioactivity makes the mitosis of cells (unzipping and rezipping of DNA strands during cellular reproduction) unpredictable and when a reproducible flaw in the DNA becomes prevalent the victim of radiation poison develops cancer, tumors and even genetic mutation that can be passed down through reproduction.

My little Geiger counter seems to only detect things that are just right there in front of me like with food, or here, a Radium treated compass from WWI times. It does not seem very effective for just sensing settled dust, or maybe the Rocky Mountains are helping keep this far side from the contamination I hear about on the West Coast and Salt Lake City. For now anyway, background radiation is staying around 30 clicks/minute or about one click every two seconds.

If one can suffer the effects of radiation poisoning mentally though, or more like psychosomatic, that might open the door to evading symptoms and effects? I know emotions and outlook play a part anyway. Peace and joy promote health.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Fukushima worries people about radiation, yet there is not as much concern about the effects of constantly being bathed in radiation emitted from wireless technology, especially from devices held up to the head, carried next to the body, plugged in at home and work, i.e., routers, and from cell masts.

Also couldn't access the "today's news" link.

Are you guys ready to get your minds blown away?
    It is looking like we have been scammed once again.

2.3. Nuclear Power Plant studies
    1-In a Canadian survey the mortality caused by cancer at nuclear power plants was 58% lower than the national average (Abbat et al. 1983).
    2-In U.K also it was indicated that cancer frequency among nuclear powerplant workers was lower than the national average (Kendal et al. 1992). \\

www.angelfire.com/mo/radioadaptive/inthorm.html

The Nuclear Scare Scam | Galen Winsor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCQrOTE-XA

I got that last link off a veterans site.

www.veteranstoday.com

radiation-hormesis.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFtXoH0WFQo

Wet (i.e. in a paste or slurry) bentonite clay is known to be effective for pulling heavy metals, ions and radioactive materials out of the body.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

haniya11
    lol...ok i love a good bargain. In fact you may even say im a bargain hunter. But one thing i would never skimp on is a geiger counter!

I use a thoriated welding rod to check it, plus have compared it to a friend's counter.