Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Your Own Recorder?

Be Your Own Recorder?

Both EUREKA LAB BOOK, INC and BOOKFACTORY provide archival or record books that can be utilized for archiving and recording documents for your household, jural society, free association, kingdom or the like. The same oversized books that can be used to chronologically glue in or affix scientific writing pertinent to research or the like can be used to affix affidavits, records of mailing. In other words, there are readily-available resources for establishing records in such a manner that they are reliable and useful as evidence --better than nothing, right? Having a relatively tamper-proof, chronological series of records kept in a manner similar to that which a county or city recorder might is neither out of reach nor expensive!

In other words what stops you or maybe even one other honest, sincere and methodical other from maintaining a set of record books of contracts, deeds, agreements, notices, or the like without or in addition to using a USDC repository or a county clerk?

Links:
    http://www.bookfactory.com/
    http://www.eurekalabbook.com/
    http://www.art-rubberstamps.com/
    http://www.customembossers.com/
    http://www.artistcraftsman.com/index...&cPath=134_222 (archival glue and more)

In a pinch I have formed a court where I have acted as judge and also as clerk (what else was I to do if most every around me was drunk and delusional and unable to tell the difference between imaginary things and reality? ) The key I figure is diligence, honesty, tamper-proof record-keeping. Perhaps one could even keep a copy of records at a law firm and keep County or State officers on notice that the records are available for the world to see if they should wish to see. Keep in mind that the records you keep can be supported with notarial certificates, certificates of mailing, registered mail receipts/records, fax transmission receipts, certificates of service, by reports of witnesses or the like. Copies of record books could also be deposited with a public library. Perhaps instead of worrying about someone doing something and waiting for someone to do something--maybe do it yourself?

Key words or phrases: court of review, recorder, clerk, court of inquiry, concurrent jurisdiction, household management.
    Last edited by allodial; 05-30-11 at 01:10 AM.

Thank you for the links.

Public officials are required to post their oaths of office at the county clerk and recorder, or at the Secretary of State (district officials). That does not mean that we are limited to that venue. It is still a great venue in my opinion but I have posted by clear packaging tape on streetlamps before the Post Office, Major Church, Library, Clerk and Recorder and Courthouse for ten days too.

I have also used minor legal papers.

I suppose the important question to ask is who is exposed to the notice?

The record is your court .... nice ....

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Thank you for the links.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Public officials are required to post their oaths of office at the county clerk and recorder, or at the Secretary of State (district officials). That does not mean that we are limited to that venue. It is still a great venue in my opinion but I have posted by clear packaging tape on streetlamps before the Post Office, Major Church, Library, Clerk and Recorder and Courthouse for ten days too.

I have also used minor legal papers.

I suppose the important question to ask is who is exposed to the notice?
    Working with one other is probably a best. Just as one might have a process server. One could have the same process server act as a clerk of court or deputy clerk. Certification of copies could come be done in tandem (two-party certification). Everytime you make an entry you could have one or two other books that mirror the primary book are earmarked for being shipped out to a fiduciary such as the SoS or to a county library. Records being cohesive, consistent and honest will serve to bolster your competency and reliability. And if the County Clerk wont record, you have your own records.

Re notice: the parties that any given entry into your books pertains to can be notified as to the entry of any given record. And the reference can be made thusly...

"As per an affidavit recorded at page ___ book ____ of the year 2011 of the Chief & Deputy Recorders of the Van Norden Clan ... which book or copy thereof has been deposited in the archives of Bryer & Smith Law Firm, 100 Main Street, New York, New York 12345..."
    You dont have the attorney-at-bar side of the law firm just hire them to as trustees to keep records. Perhaps an accounting firm could be a good repository too?

For a small household record book, one might deposit archive or backup copies of record books only on a yearly basis by sending them to an a law firm of choice or to SOS or to a public or private library. Perhaps even a public or private university's law library might take them and shelve them.

I agree that the County Clerk and the USDC are awesome as repositories--the SoS is too (typically they might be responsible State Archives too). However agreed the old-fashioned sign posting is great too. Having a set of record books that parallel the County Clerk's or the USDCs that mirror those of the USDC or County Clerk (as far as your affairs or those of others who want you to record) should serve to even moreso bolster your position and also support the competency and validity of your court. Your process server could serve as as an assistant clerk and provide certification as to the copies. If chaos breaks out--your court could continue--talk about continuity of government!

Key IMHO is having books that are larger than 8 1/2 x 11 ... legal sized pages can be folded at the bottom with the 8 1/2 x 11 part of it glued to the book. I have called county clerks and they have been very helpful and willing to discuss their systems.

Also, one can make one's own books by ordering bookmaking supplies and gluing oversized blank paper--preferably archival quality paper. An excellent resource for oversised paper--I have acquired large sheets which I have cut to size myself from:

http://paperandmore.com/

It might help to remember to ALWAYS keep your emotions out of the process and integrity of maintaining your books. I would tend to want anyoene recording any affidavit or alleged mailing in my records to bring certificates of mailing, postal receipts, certificates of service or the like. If they want me to mirror county or USDC records they will produce certified copies which I (preferably also with a deputy clerk) can verify are exact copies of what is on Pacer and THEN make an entry into my book. This way the USDC or County records stand less of a chance of getting 'lost' or disappeared.

Having written rules for recording doesn't hurt. Also, one could file a fidelity bond with a State Treasurer for protecting others against errors or the like--this should serve to bolster the admissibility of your books.

The advantage of using an attorney or law firm is that the attorney can create a certificate as to receipt of the book and the chain of custody with respect to the books. One could also set up a website that allows documents to be retrieved by book #, page # and by entry/record # . Remember private records ought to be private.

Filing an indemnity bond with the State or US Govt could also serve to bolster your position in that the bond would serve to protect those suffering losses in connection from errors or fraud in keeping your records. Even where your records might be private there might be times where they might cross over into involving a public matter.

Last edited by allodial; 05-30-11 at 09:12 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Good stuff there allodial . The California Private Attorney General on the Orange County Citizens Grand Jury had a small hand embosser made up . The Clerk was styled Prothonitary of Necessity . I was led to understand this information was what got the OC Sheriff to consider those folks dead serious about their business . That's when the real trouble started .
    Not to be construed as Legal Advice, nor a recommended Course of Action. I will stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust Guy View Post
    Good stuff there allodial . The California Private Attorney General on the Orange County Citizens Grand Jury had a small hand embosser made up . The Clerk was styled Prothonitary of Necessity . I was led to understand this information was what got the OC Sheriff to consider those folks dead serious about their business . That's when the real trouble started .
    At times it might be best to limit your court to a court of review and then take it to a USDC chief justice or clerk or state chief justice or clerk for action on the findings of your court--libel of review, savings to suitors, exigent circumstances, etc. If your court has done all the homework, your courts bond should effectively serve to exonerate a USDC chief justice or clerk from liablity.

When there is potential for any or substantial public-side activity, filing an indemnity bond with the State is probably a GREAT IDEA.
    Last edited by allodial; 05-30-11 at 07:43 PM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    At times it might be best to limit your court to a court of review * * *
    They were primarily an investigative panel . Liken to a proper Grand Jury investigation , only out of necessity because all the actors involved were State employees and creations .

The OC folks were going after Public Official's Oath and Bond info , as required to be filed . This led to investigating OC’s Municipal Corporation status .

They had it sewed up evidence wise . OC did not have a Certificate of Good Standing on file . Next was to contact the Calif. Sec. of State to put OC on notice to come current as prescribed , or pull OC’s Charter as an “Operation of law”. All in the Statutes , cut and dry . Next would be to contact the State Attorney General’s Office to hold the Sec. of State accountable for Performance of Office . Next would have been a court action .

Never got to the notify Sec. of State point . Intimidation and threats of violence from the Sheriff’s Deputies came first .
    Not to be construed as Legal Advice, nor a recommended Course of Action. I will stand corrected.

They were primarily an investigative panel . Liken to a proper Grand Jury investigation , only out of necessity because all the actors involved were State employees and creations .

The OC folks were going after Public Official's Oath and Bond info , as required to be filed . This led to investigating OC’s Municipal Corporation status .

They had it sewed up evidence wise....

Next would be to contact the State Attorney General’s Office to hold the Sec. of State accountable for Performance of Office . Next would have been a court action ...
    Instead I'd appoint the commandant of the California National Guard or a Provost Marshall as fiduciary.

....Intimidation and threats of violence from the Sheriff’s Deputies came first .
    On that note I'd consider--in no particular order: (i) terrorism charges (threats to influence the operation of a government might actually be defined as terrorism in the PATRIOT Act) or (ii) charges of conspiracy against rights per 18 USC 241 or (iii) sending U.S. military (off-base to the Sheriff's department) after them for rebellion..(iv) warning them and reminding of their obligations under their oath of office and/or of 18 USC 241. For State of California I might notify Edmund Gerald Brown, Jr. as Governor of the State of California and commander-in-chief of of military forces of the State of California of the situation (rebellion) and specifically appoint him fiduciary for quelling the rebellion. I might also notify the Secretary General of NATO and of the UN of rebellion which might if left unchecked by the CINC of California could warrant involvement of NATO or UN members.

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION / ARTICLE 5 EXECUTIVE / SEC. 7.
    The Governor is commander in chief of a militia that shall be provided by statute. The Governor may call it forth to execute the law.
    A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.
    Last edited by allodial; 05-30-11 at 09:11 PM.

This all occurred in the middle 1990's . We've all come a long way since .

Thanks. This is a foreign world to me, this world of recorders and recording. I will examine your links.