Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we still under military rule? The war that never ended.

Question Are we still under military rule? The war that never ended.

"" Where was the treaty signed? There was no treaty signed to end the Civil War. The surrender at Appomattox Court House was a military surrender of an army which was surrounded. The Confederate government never surrendered and even had it wanted to the United States government would likely not have accepted. To do so would have legally acknowledged the existence of the Confederate States
    of America and would have legitimized it and given it certain legal status internationally. Treaties are between two nations and the U.S. would never concede the legal existence of the Confederacy - even though it had a government, armies, taxes and all the trappings of a modern government. ""

Source: http://www.nps.gov/apco/faqs.htm
    Site last updated: May 12, 2011 at 22:08 MST

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    "" Where was the treaty signed? There was no treaty signed to end the Civil War. The surrender at Appomattox Court House was a military surrender of an army which was surrounded. The Confederate government never surrendered and even had it wanted to the United States government would likely not have accepted. To do so would have legally acknowledged the existence of the Confederate States
    of America and would have legitimized it and given it certain legal status internationally. Treaties are between two nations and the U.S. would never concede the legal existence of the Confederacy - even though it had a government, armies, taxes and all the trappings of a modern government. ""

Source: http://www.nps.gov/apco/faqs.htm
    Site last updated: May 12, 2011 at 22:08 MST
    Depends on who/what the "we" is?
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Depends on who/what the "we" is?
    This "We" as in conscience of what STS has determined.

I will not make any other determinations in here about that, seeing that it does not conform to how STS defines it as I do, but that is besides the point being made.

Yes, Reconstruction Acts.
    How can resident (aliens) seat offices that only inhabitants of that political community can seat?

It can be complex. But it is possible to sit on the steps of the buuilding called the U.S. Capital and not be in the United States. The United States since 1862/1871 has formed districts called states and there are at least 50 of them. Its pretty simple in the regard that if a commander in chief of the United States forms a government then the government would be military in nature.

Reconstruction Acts...
    Enrollment Acts, etc.
    Last edited by allodial; 06-03-11 at 06:35 PM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    It can be complex. But it is possible to sit on the steps of the buuilding called the U.S. Capital and not be in the United States. The United States since 1862/1871 has formed districts called states and there are at least 50 of them. Its pretty simple in the regard that if a commander in chief of the United States forms a government then the government would be military in nature.

Enrollment Acts, etc.

1Ki 16:16 And the people that were encamped heard say, Zimri hath conspired, and hath also slain the king: wherefore all Israel made Omri, the captain of the host, king over Israel that day in the camp.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

I wrote about this very thing - not having a treaty of peace nor a proclomation from the pres after the civil war .... I did upload my book here (Civil War With No Ending) and I'd like to hear what ya'll have to say with the "solution" offered in it.

Inititally I got a good response, however, the 'good responses' were from inactive/unactive people... Please know I'm not trying to promote anything, just would like some feed-back.
    Thanks.
    April Reigne

Perhaps the US Department of Justice was formed in 1871 for:

'prosecution of war'
    715. The Prosecution Of War

The constitutional power given to the United States to declare and wage war, whether foreign or civil, carries with it the authority to use all means calculated to weaken the enemy and to bring the struggle to a successful conclusion. When dealing with the enemy all acts that are calculated to advance this end are legal. Indeed, the President in the exercise simply of his authority as commander-in-chief of the army and navy, may, unless prohibited by congressional statute, commit or authorize acts not warranted by commonly received principles of international law; and Congress may by law authorize measures which the courts must recognize as valid even though they provide penalties not supported by the general usage of nations in the conduct of war. Thus during the Civil War in certain cases the provision by congressional statute for the confiscation of certain enemy property or land was enforced, though such confiscation was not in accordance with the general usage of foreign States.

Even in dealing with its own loyal subjects, the power to wage war enables the government to override in many particulars private rights which in time of peace are inviolable.25

The power to wage war carries with it the authority not only to bring it to a full conclusion, but, after the cessation of active military operations, to take measures to provide against its renewal. As the court says in Stewart v. Kahn:26 "The measures to be taken in carrying on war and to suppress insurrection, are not defined. The decision of all such questions rests wholly in the discretion of those to whom the substantial powers involved are confided by the Constitution. In the latter case the power is not limited to victories in the field and to the dispersion of the insurgent forces. It carries with it inherently the power to guard against the immediate renewal of the conflict, and to remedy the evils which have arisen from its rise and progress."

24 Upon this point see the very thoughtful paper of T. S. Woolsey entitled "The Beginnings of War," published in Vol. I, p. 54, of the Proceedings of the American Political Science Association.

25 For the limitations upon the war powers in this respect, see post. 2611 Wall. 493; 20 L. ed. 176.

(From: The Constitutional Law Of The United States by Westel Woodbury Willoughby)

I just took a look (more a listen - video is audio only) at the first few minutes of This.

Albeit you cannot find any treaty ending the hostilities of the War or Rebellion (Civil War), you do find that the conditions of Emergency were ended formally in 1973 - for most all aspects of the application of the Lieber Code except the current bank "run" on the US Dollar. I also played this video by Porter STANSBERRY - again - even though I know he never gives any solutions in it, just wants to sell his program.

The run that should incite the new Bankers' Holiday is already underway. This is the arena where the Lieber Code, if any can apply. The forum of endorsement of the Fed because the only remnants of the Emergency for the Lieber Code to operate still in effect is the Emergency of Saving the Fed - 1933.

Even listening to STANSBERRY though, it is a little dated and albeit we get the early draft of BRICS, he does not predict a retaliatory financial regime forming based in SDR's having nothing to do with the US Dollar - BRICS. (Also attached.)

He had a good basis but the prophecy is not the way he prophesied.

I disagree that the Lieber Code is in play for people who understand the redemption of lawful money. - US Notes in the form of Federal Reserve Notes, because the hostilities of the War ended by 1865. There is no actual theater of war any longer. There is still fiat currency - and FDR took advantage of the Lieber Code in 1933 to save the Fed; but it is people endorsing private credit from the Fed that keep saving it, and people are stopping that endorsement and that makes everybody's predictions quite skewed:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by David Merrill; 06-05-11 at 04:56 AM.

If a new bank holiday is on the way....

.... you want to make sure that you have nothing of value in a bank nor would I keep a great deal of cash in one's account.

Keep your assets close to the vest.

Its a little hard getting your stuff when the door is closed for x number of days.