Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizen Sues Atlanta Fed

MOTION FOR ENLARGEMENT OF TIME

“ * * * as undersigned counsel has only recently been retained * * * “

Retained and not assigned . Hummm . . .

AKERMAN SENTERFITT - Over 500 Lawyers and Government Affairs Professionals .

“ Akerman serves clients throughout the United States and overseas from Florida, New York, Washington, D.C., California, Virginia, Colorado, Texas, and Nevada. We are ranked among the top 100 law firms in the U.S. by The National Law Journal NLJ 250 (2010) in number of lawyers and we are the largest firm in Florida.”

Financial Institutions Commercial Litigation - "This firm continues to represent the Florida Bankers Association (FBA) and is actively involved in lobbying, drafting and reviewing new legislation. The transactional practice includes M&A as well as capital raisings for community banks." (Chambers USA)

Chambers USA: Ranked as one of the leading Banking & Finance law firms in Florida since 2003.

The Best Lawyers in America: Top listed in Banking Law in Florida

Pretty big dogs by the look of it . Sending a younger pup as point .

Michael O. Mena, Esq - J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2004; American Review of International Arbitration, Senior Editor B.A., University of Miami, 2001; cum laude, with honors
    Not to be construed as Legal Advice, nor a recommended Course of Action. I will stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Key: To have its succession for a period of twenty years from its organization unless it is sooner dissolved by an Act of Congress, or unless its franchise becomes forfeited by some violation of law.

(A) Twenty years? How long has it been? Was there a renewal of the Federal Reserve Act? Perhaps the 1933 extension was under bankruptcy with the FRB as creditors 'enforcing debts' --which under most state SoS laws might not constitute "doing business in {state-name}".

The franchise ended in 1933. Was there any renewal? Perhaps it was the Sarbanes-Oxley Act? What exactly is the Federal Reserve System?

In 1791, which was after the U.S. Constitution was ratified, the government granted the First Bank of the United States a charter to operate as the U.S. central bank until 1811.[17] Unlike the prior attempt at a centralized currency, the increase in the federal government's power, granted to it by the constitution, allowed national central banks to possess a monopoly on the minting of U.S currency.[19] Nonetheless, the First Bank of the United States came to an end under President Madison because Congress refused to renew its charter. The Second Bank of the United States was established in 1816, and lost its authority to be the central bank of the U.S. twenty years later under President Jackson when its charter expired. Both banks were based upon the Bank of England.[20] Ultimately, a third national bank, known as the Federal Reserve, was established in 1913 and still exists to this day.
    (B) ...unless its franchise becomes forfeited by law.

As for ultra vires acts, each director, president, vice president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta could be liable under state law. As in ___ vs {names of persons acting as director/Pres./VP/etc.} by name not by title/office. Also is acting beyond the term of the franchise a violation of law that terminates the franchise?

Before 1996 {80 YEARS BEYOND THE FRANCHISE}, a seal from a Federal Reserve Bank is printed on each bill. Beginning with the $100 bill in 1996, a general seal that represents the Federal Reserve System will replace individual bank seals. Currently, the letter on the seal matches the district number of that bank. The district number is located in the four corners of the bill.(Source FRB Minneapolis.)
    The following activities do not constitute “doing business” for profit corporations, and limited partnerships:
    1. participating in litigation;
    2. conducting internal affairs; {As in "internal" revenue?"]
    3. keeping banks accounts;
    4. having offices for the transfer and management of corporate securities; {FRNs?}
    5. effectuating sales through independent contractors; {Bank tellers?}
    6. procuring orders which require acceptance outside of Utah; {Orders for FRNs are fulfilled from the Federal Zone?}
    7. creating, securing or collecting on its own debt;
    8. owning property;
    9. being involved in interstate commerce;
    10. performing an isolated transaction; and
    11. obtaining conditional sales contracts or debts, either in or outside of Utah, secured by property in
    Utah.xii
    {Can you say "car note" or "mortgage"?}
    (Source:What Constitutes Doing Business In Utah?)
    Perhaps this might be relevant:

The Federal Reserve - Its Origins, History & Current Strategy

[ Remember Alan Greenspan was knighted? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_o...British_Empire ]
    Last edited by allodial; 06-10-11 at 03:32 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

What's the chance the court will rule he has no standing?

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    --which under most state SoS laws might not constitute "doing business in {state-name}".
    Interesting point .

"in this State" as used in the California Motor Vehicle , Franchise Tax Codes and others ( plus every other State I've looked into ) defers to the Buck Act definition . "In this State" means within the exterior limits of the State ... and includes all territories within such limits owned or ceded to the United States of America.

Also understanding that maintaining bank accounts , managing credit , owning real estate and such are classified as not doing business in this State . Part of the whole banking swindle . And most profitable I might add .

However, the main contention of the case rests on "Counterfeiting" and Contract . A pretty novel and direct approach , IMO . One I think would side step all business related arguments for dismissal or ruling in favor of the Atlanta branch .

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
    What's the chance the court will rule he has no standing?
    Plaintiff states he is in possession of a specific 1996 Note which was issued with no intention of redemption . He obviously considers this a Tort and has been harmed . He has standing .

Maybe the Judge will order his 100 Note be redeemed to cure .
    Last edited by Trust Guy; 06-11-11 at 02:51 AM.
    Not to be construed as Legal Advice, nor a recommended Course of Action. I will stand corrected.

I consider FRNs stock certificates - redeemable in lawful money. His complaint is the same as mine; I have just been facing facts a little more obliquely. Make your Demand and then leave all the counterfeiting to the banks if that is what they are doing with the funds - after redemption.

This guy seems a little more direct. I think he is just paying $350 for an opinion. He wrote back and said he would take a look at this thread. I am not going to dog him about it. Maybe I am projecting that is what he is up to because I too, am very interested in what the judge is going to say.

Regards,

David Merrill.

I've pondered FRNs as Stocks and at least they have a stated Par Value ( "worth" ) of 100 Cents per "Dollar" . Or used to .

It will certainly be interesting to see how the law firm crafts the Atty's . initial Answer / Motion for Dismissal . Particularly the "Status" claimed for his client . That should be amusing .
    Last edited by Trust Guy; 06-13-11 at 11:06 PM. Reason: too wordy

Yeah. Things like throwing the case so that the judge will not opine:

Quote Originally Posted by david merrill View Post
    yeah. Things like throwing the case so that the judge will not opine:

18 usc 241.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

The FRB attorneys are trying to make out that Scott Gregory was never injured.

I will describe the injury. At lawful money rates and redemption, Scott's $100 bill should buy over two ounces of gold. Look at the footnote - $42.22/troy ounce of gold. Instead Scott's bill will buy only a fraction of that - Spot being $1540/troy ounce. So Scott can only purchase about 1/15 an ounce today with it.

If you divide $1540/$42.22 you get about 1/20 value of his $100 bill. The bill if redeemed should be redeemed at its lawful money value. Lawful money (US notes) is not elastic nor is it to be used as reserve currency.

I am telling Scott!!

Thanks for the update David. Now to spend some quality time in x-refing .