Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Objections to Fingerprinting at Governmnet Offices

Objections to Fingerprinting at Governmnet Offices

Are there legal and/or lawful objections to getting fingerprinted at Government Offices? When one is applying for Food Stamps for example?

There appears to be only a handful of states that require one to be fingerprinted in order to receive food stamps.

Any way to get out of this requirement and still get the benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Are there legal and/or lawful objections to getting fingerprinted at Government Offices? When one is applying for Food Stamps for example?

There appears to be only a handful of states that require one to be fingerprinted in order to receive food stamps.

Nope

He who accepts the benefit suffers its burden.

You have a right to decline as do they.

You aren't going to find freedom under guardianship or as a beneficiary of a trust ....

Have you looked deeply into this matter prior to replying. Finding freedom under guardinship or as a beneficiary of a trust has nothing to do with this.

Food Stamps is a Federal Program from what I understand. But it gets implemented at the state level. Now more than 40 states DO NOT REQUIRE fingerprints in order to get benefits.

There must be a way to get the benefits in the remaining states that do require it without having to provide them as well.

Have you looked deeply into this matter prior to replying. Finding freedom under guardinship or as a beneficiary of a trust has nothing to do with this.
    You might want to reconsider my words again.
    He who accepts the benefit suffers its burden.
    If an applicant is applying for welfare, it is implied the applicant is unable to take care of himself or herself and is incompetent.
    The applicant is looking for someone to take care of them ... a daddy ... a guardian.
    Government is willing to be your guardian so long as you waive rights in the process.

Protection draws subjugation near to it.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody
    Food Stamps is a Federal Program from what I understand. But it gets implemented at the state level. Now more than 40 states DO NOT REQUIRE fingerprints in order to get benefits.

There must be a way to get the benefits in the remaining states that do require it without having to provide them as well.
    Then why not you test the waters by refusing to supply fingerprints?
    If you really want some gusto, take them to court after refusal to see what the courts decide.

I could supply some court cases to underscore all that I stated, but it appears you already have your mind set.

If you want constitutional rights, you have to come out of the programs.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 07-10-11 at 12:02 AM.

1. I wasn't talking about welfare.
    2. The benefit (food stamps) does not have a burden (fingerprinting in 45 states or so). Thus it should be possible to avoid this burden in the 5 states as well.

You seem to have overlooked this when you were reading my opening post.

I would like to hear from someone else besides you at this point.

Thanks

1. I wasn't talking about welfare.
    2. The benefit (food stamps) does not have a burden (fingerprinting in 45 states or so). Thus it should be possible to avoid this burden in the 5 states as well.
    Unless I am mistaken, food stamps are a form of welfare.
    Why don't you move to a State that doesn't have fingerprinting requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by somebody
    You seem to have overlooked this when you were reading my opening post.

I would like to hear from someone else besides you at this point.

Thanks
    I think you are going to get the same from anyone else here.

You need to make a choice: benefits or rights. You can have one or the other, but not both.

Please name at least one of the states that require fingerprinting.

Also, I'm glad you found this site, somebody. I remember you from SJC.

Let's pretend it was a knee-jerk response.

What you would do here is tell us the Statute (State) that is cited at the Food Stamp distribution center (or whatever they call it). Then look at that, and it will likely cite the US Code, that allows states to utilize the SSN. In other words the SSA has propriety "ownership" of all SSNs but has consented that States may use it for the purposes of identification even when the SSA cannot.

Very likely you will not find any verbiage about fingerprinting.

Good luck convincing the Food Stamp clerk though.

I came across something like this regarding fishing licenses. I only fish for survival purposes so my thought was Search and Rescue only costs $1.25 like an insurance policy if you keep a current fishing license.

42 U.S.C. §408

(a)(7)(B) with intent to deceive, falsely represents a number to be the social security account number assigned by the Commissioner of Social Security to him or to another person, when in fact such number is not the social security account number assigned by the Commissioner of Social Security to him or to such other person; or
    C.R.S. §33-6-107

(2) (a) Any person who makes a false statement or provides false information in connection...
    I do not have a Social Security Number. But look at that notice at Sports Authority. If the employee costs that storefront its licensing franchise with the State, he will be fired. The Notice is directed around two tangential subjects - 1) that the store will lose its franchise to sell licenses, and 2) the offense of providing false information.

It is not about Social Security or being required to provide a SSN.

I suspect that if you look into it, and show what you discover to a supervisor at the Food Stamp outlet you might be able to get by without giving fingerprints. But then again, getting the benefit is subject to policy, law or not - usually.

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. Meanwhile I will simply treat Search and Rescue like an extension of the municipal eleemosynary corporation and simply accept my inheritance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    In other words the SSA has propriety "ownership" of all SSNs but has consented that States may use it for the purposes of identification even when the SSA cannot.
    It is, however, possible to have a private lien on a social security account or entity.

Regarding fingerprinting, there is a helpful perspective that takes in a larger span of time just at the moment of fingerprinting (whether its associated with a 'jail booking' or Foodstamp issuance)..it involves sending written communication that the fingerprint is one one whose intent to neither assume liability nor culpability for the DOE JOHN H entity. So many seem content and taught to rattle of their state of mind at some clerk when its often best to be cool to the clerk and share your piece of mind IN WRITING with, say, a Secretary of State or an Attorney General or the like.

Furthermore, I've issued my own fishing license. I suspect that State of Colorado knows that those who are exempt don't need licenses anyway--at least not ones issued by the State of Colorado. I agree, that the Search & Rescue is just an extension of further State services.

P.S. Fortunately fishing for survival isn't necessary a commercial activity.
    Last edited by allodial; 07-10-11 at 08:45 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

finger printing

instrument under hand??

a lateral thought I had

DEEDs being in the background of the mind at the time of reading the post

...and as to attempting to label a food stamp as not a benefit - who holds titles to the objects in question? praps that could aid you