Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Objections to Fingerprinting at Governmnet Offices

Refute this if you can:

WELFARE

The welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. After the Great Society legislation of the 1960s, for the first time a person who was not elderly or disabled could receive a living from the American government.[18] Aid could include general welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits.[18] In 1968, 4.1% of families were headed by a woman on welfare; by 1980, the percentage increased to 10%.[18] In the 1970s, California was the U.S. state with the most generous welfare system.[19] Virtually all food stamp costs are paid by the federal government.[20] In 2008, 28.7 percent of the households headed by single women were considered poor.[21]
    Welfare Information

Types of Welfare Available

The type and amount of aid available to individuals and dependent children varies from state to state. When the Federal Government gave control back to the states there was no longer one source and one set of requirements. Most states offer basic aid such as health care, food stamps, child care assistance, unemployment, cash aid, and housing assistance.
    Welfare - A Brief History of Welfare Reform

During the 1960s President LYNDON B. JOHNSON's administration declared an ostensible "war on poverty" with its GREAT SOCIETY programs: Head Start, the Job Corps, food stamps, and MEDICAID funded education, job training, direct food assistance, and direct medical assistance. Although the poverty rate declined in the 1960s, more than 4 million new recipients signed up for welfare.

2002 Indicators of WELFARE dependence

And what does that government report talk about? Could it be the Food Stamp program?

If you are unable to grasp that food stamps are apart of welfare, you may want to forgo failing to provide fingerprints until you can get to square 1.

While you are on this fingerprint kick why not throw in failing to provide an SSN for good measure?
    Last edited by shikamaru; 07-13-11 at 12:24 AM.

First you need to understand this:

ig·no·ra·mus
       [ig-nuh-rey-muhs, -ram-uhs]
    –noun, plural -mus·es.
    an extremely ignorant person.

If you do, then you need to reread everything and understand that I did not misquote you because I was not trying to quote you in the first place. I said what you said. The fact that you said it in slightly (really really slightly) different words irrelevant and further proves my point that you did not read my opening post or anything thing that I posted properly.
    Stop offering your opinions when you fail to understand the essence of what is being asked.

Stop bringing peripheral issues such as food stamps being considered welfare (it is according to your article but it is not according to various different sources that I have, which I will not get into now) as it moves the thread away from the questions that were asked and clutters it for those that have read through everything to see what is really being discussed and what the real questions are.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    First you need to understand this:

ig·no·ra·mus
       [ig-nuh-rey-muhs, -ram-uhs]
    –noun, plural -mus·es.
    an extremely ignorant person.

If you do, then you need to reread everything and understand that I did not misquote you because I was not trying to quote you in the first place. I said what you said. The fact that you said it in slightly (really really slightly) different words irrelevant and further proves my point that you did not read my opening post or anything thing that I posted properly.
    Stop offering your opinions when you fail to understand the essence of what is being asked.

Stop bringing peripheral issues such as food stamps being considered welfare (it is according to your article but it is not according to various different sources that I have, which I will not get into now) as it moves the thread away from the questions that were asked and clutters it for those that have read through everything to see what is really being discussed and what the real questions are.
    You can't refute my posts.
    You can't support your claims.

I can't reason with one lacking reason.

Good luck, son.