Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin - digital currency reaches dollar parity

Bitcoin-exchange CEO found dead
    The American CEO of a virtual-currency exchange was found lying motionless near the Singapore apartment tower where she lived.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2014...ound_dead.html
    SINGAPORE—The CEO of a virtual-currency exchange was found dead near her home in Singapore.

A police spokesman said Thursday that initial investigations indicated there was no suspicion of “foul play” in the Feb. 26 death, meaning officers do not suspect murder.

The spokesman said police found 28-year-old Autumn Radtke, an American, lying motionless near the apartment tower where she lived.

Police have so far classified the death as “unnatural,” which can mean an accident, misadventure, or suicide.

Radtke’s company, First Meta, said it was “shocked and saddened by the tragic loss.”

First Meta allows users of virtual currencies such as bitcoin to trade and cash out the currencies. It is one of several such exchanges.

The future of bitcoin has been under scrutiny since the collapse of the Mt. Gox exchange in Tokyo last month.

Radtke had worked at other tech companies.

Postings on her Facebook page showed her to be a believer in the potential of virtual currencies.

Last month she linked to an article on entrepreneurs suffering depression, commenting above the link: everything has its price.

stoneFree
    According to Newsweek the reclusive inventor of the virtual commodity has been hiding in plain sight.

The Face Behind Bitcoin
    Satoshi Nakamoto stands at the end of his sunbaked driveway looking timorous. And annoyed.

He's wearing a rumpled T-shirt, old blue jeans and white gym socks, without shoes, like he has left the house in a hurry. His hair is unkempt, and he has the thousand-mile stare of someone who has gone weeks without sleep.

He stands not with defiance, but with the slackness of a person who has waged battle for a long time and now faces a grave loss.

Two police officers from the Temple City, Calif., sheriff's department flank him, looking puzzled. "So, what is it you want to ask this man about?" one of them asks me. "He thinks if he talks to you he's going to get into trouble."

"I don't think he's in any trouble," I say. "I would like to ask him about Bitcoin. This man is Satoshi Nakamoto."

"What?" The police officer balks. "This is the guy who created Bitcoin? It looks like he's living a pretty humble life."

http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/03/14/b...-nakamoto.html
    Last edited by stoneFree; 03-06-14 at 08:45 PM.

Anthony Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Hope this thread is appropriate for this post. Thoughts?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...y-not-currency
    Take a wild guess why 'IRS' waited this long to "rule" bitcoin is property and not currency. Did 'IRS' not realize this in 2009? (Hint: when the "property" could be taken as "a loss")

stoneFree
    Keep an eye on the price of bitcoin. Although it has come down significantly from over $1,000/coin to below $250/coin it now seems to be gaining support, closing higher the past 5 days in a row.
    Along with lawful money it looks like bitcoin might be the first "solution to the problem" that comes out of the gate. Not trading advice mind you... just a hunch.
    http://www.coindesk.com/price

I call bitcoin one of the "solutions to the problem" because it will be one of the many alternates that can be used after the destruction of the current un-backed fiat monetary system. Silver, in my opinion, will be the best solution but gold, bitcoin and others will be used as well.

Whether or not you believe in Bitcoin matters not. There are enough people, infrastructure and money sunk into bitcoin it will function on it's own from here on out... without all the non-believers ever buying into it. There are too many tech savvy BILLIONAIRES involved with Bitcoin for it to go away. There is more money being sunk into bitcoin's infrastructure than currently in the market cap of the cryptocurrency itself. That is part of the plan and it will unfold to greater acceptance as the unbacked fiat system fails.

One day soon, you will see bitcoin fly past that old high of $1,000 per coin and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    Keep an eye on the price of bitcoin. Although it has come down significantly from over $1,000/coin to below $250/coin it now seems to be gaining support, closing higher the past 5 days in a row.
    Along with lawful money it looks like bitcoin might be the first "solution to the problem" that comes out of the gate. Not trading advice mind you... just a hunch.
    http://www.coindesk.com/price

I call bitcoin one of the "solutions to the problem" because it will be one of the many alternates that can be used after the destruction of the current un-backed fiat monetary system. Silver, in my opinion, will be the best solution but gold, bitcoin and others will be used as well.

Whether or not you believe in Bitcoin matters not. There are enough people, infrastructure and money sunk into bitcoin it will function on it's own from here on out... without all the non-believers ever buying into it. There are too many tech savvy BILLIONAIRES involved with Bitcoin for it to go away. There is more money being sunk into bitcoin's infrastructure than currently in the market cap of the cryptocurrency itself. That is part of the plan and it will unfold to greater acceptance as the unbacked fiat system fails.

One day soon, you will see bitcoin fly past that old high of $1,000 per coin and never look back.
    It matters not the form of currency whether commodity, digital, or fiat.

What ultimately matters is which side of the ledger you are on.
    Value always goes somewhere.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 03-04-15 at 10:54 PM.

Gold and silver coin is the only answer. ALL the rest will be manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    It matters not the form of currency whether commodity, digital, or fiat. What ultimately matters is which side of the ledger you are on.Value always goes somewhere.
    Thank you well spoken.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Specie was not debased throughout history?
    Specie did not suffer market fluctuations whether of monetary supply, arbitrage, or of competing interests?
    The coin of the realm belonged to the general public or the sovereign throughout history?

Bitcoin is now taxable,
    anyone head about it?