Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin - digital currency reaches dollar parity

JohnnyCash

Quatloos and Bitcoin

Quatloos.com has an OPEN FORUM/THREAD for new topics (password is dollar). Typically an admin will then move the new thread to an appropriate forum.

I started a new thread there about BITCOIN. It contained a link to this article: Why Bitcoin isn't a security under federal securities law. I noticed the thread did not move and was eventually deleted.

Quatloos leadership seems fearful of bitcoin. I think this reinforces my theory that Quatloos is aligned with the banking cartel. Bitcoin transactions not only bypass our central bank (Federal Reserve), they bypass banks altogether. I don't think there's anything a Quatloser will more staunchly defend than central banking & the bankster's system of wealth extraction as collected by the IRS.
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 08-14-11 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    Quatloos.com has an OPEN FORUM/THREAD for new topics (password is dollar). Typically an admin will then move the new thread to an appropriate forum.

I started a new thread there about BITCOIN. It contained a link to this article: Why Bitcoin isn't a security under federal securities law. I noticed the thread did not move and was eventually deleted.

Quatloos leadership seems fearful of bitcoin. I think this reinforces my theory that Quatloos is aligned with the banking cartel. Bitcoin transactions not only bypass our central bank (Federal Reserve), they bypass banks altogether. I don't think there's anything a Quatloser will more staunchly defend than central banking & the bankster's system of wealth extraction as collected by the IRS.

I think you are kind to Quatlosers.

About Bitcoin; now I am more curious than ever! I have really got to find some time to open an account.

stoneFree
    Today my daughter asked "is mining bitcoins like printing money?"
    "Yes."
    "Is that legal?"
    "Yes. It's like growing pumpkins. You can sell them or exchange them for other valuable things."

Had a brief setback when my video card fan started groaning horribly & failed. Had it replaced under warranty and all is well now. Possibly these GPU cards weren't designed to run overclocked @ full load 24/7 with the fan at 70%.

After a run-up to over $30, bitcoins have settled down and now exchange for about $5 USD each. Many bitcoin related sites have come under attack - of course thieves will exploit any vulnerabilities in anything money related but the crypto-currency marches right along. I would not be surprised to learn some of these attacks originate in the banking cartel.

As for anonymity, out of the box bitcoin transactions are more anonymous than your average credit card transaction. But for true anonymity additional steps are required.
    http://mndrix.blogspot.com/2011/09/e...-bitcoins.html

stoneFree
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    I would not be surprised to learn some of these attacks originate in the banking cartel.
    In one of Bob Chapman's recent interviews [need link] he mentioned attacks against his International Forecaster site and that the source of the attacks were traced to . . . . Bank of America!
    And here in this video SGTbull shows how he traced the source of multiple hate-filled messages to IP addresses owned by . . . . Bank of America!

Thank you Johnny Cash;

That is quite revealing. A bubble around nothing at all; finally!

stoneFree
    Couple of points. That's a good article; learned things I wasn't aware of. The author mentions 'Satoshi's' 500-word essay. Link to that can be found HERE.

Mentions lack of wallet encryption. The latest bitcoin client (0.4.0) includes it. Be careful though - without your passphrase you have no bitcoin.

Security expert Dan Kaminsky thinks highly of bitcoin "I have a tremendous amount of respect for BitCoin; I count it in the top five most interesting security projects of the decade. Entire classes of bugs are missing." And I'd agree that the design is bombproof, and even further, the banksters or government cannot shut it down.

While I have redeemed lawful money for years now (and will continue), and successfully avoided the bankster's Income Tax, the primary utility of bitcoin is transacting outside central banking. Using bitcoin as currency, there can be no question that I am outside the Federal Reserve districts, outside the FR system. And therefore absent federal privilege, absent liability for federal excise.

Now if the global banking system collapses and we go to an asset-backed Treasury dollar, bitcoin may not be as useful. But I'm confident it'll survive regardless.

stoneFree
    Quick update. I'm still mining bitcoins (almost 1 per day). The bubble has settled down to about $3 USD per bitcoin now. The leading exchange, MtGox, has added new functionality like a smartphone app, and funding with cash (ie. lawful money) for verified users at any Chase bank. Bitcoin continues to receive regular press.

It remains a viable means of transacting outside central banking. That is to say ... the cartel has been unable to stop it.
    Last edited by stoneFree; 12-06-11 at 11:21 PM.

stoneFree

Bitcoin: Crypto-Anarchism and the Digital Money Revolution

Imagine if we lived in a world where your bank accounts could never be audited, seized or controlled by the state. Imagine if the currency system itself made organized theft impossible. In the future, I predict this is precisely how currency systems will operate. While this may sound like a bold claim, economic analysis demonstrates why my prediction may become reality.
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/49...ney-revolution

JohnnyCash
    Clif High discovers bitcoin: ".. and everytime you spend a bitcoin it is like you're shoving your foot that much further up the Bernank ..."

Grab the March 20 audio file here:
    http://www.halfpasthuman.com/clifswujo.html