Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
Sorry for not being clear.

I was talking about the DL.

The name of the trust is on the DL (at the top)
You true name sig is at the bottom (or is it printed, I still don't know)
UCC § 3-401. SIGNATURE.

(b) A signature may be made (i) manually or by means of a device or machine, and (ii) by the use of any name, including a trade or assumed name, or by a word, mark, or symbol executed or adopted by a person with present intention to authenticate a writing.

This leads me to believe that there is no difference between a cursive or printed name because they both still execute a signature that authenticates the writing. As I understand it, the separation between the LEGAL NAME and the True Name comes by the use of full-caps for the LEGAL NAME and Proper English for the True Name. FULL-CAPS always representing the legal entity or corporation.

This also raises questions of my own, like, When doing a Refusal for Cause, does it make a difference or is it necessary to sign the True Name "Under Duress"(Reservation of Rights) on the ticket(presentment) or as the "Authorized Representative" for the legal name? Or, would I simply sign First, and Middle and still have grounds to Refuse for Cause on misnomer?