Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Two traffic stops snubbed.

there is a contumacious difference between the two

You are still missing the point

Anthony Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Binbokusai Yagyuu View Post
    there is a contumacious difference between the two

You are still missing the point
    Well, don't hold out B' Yag; let me in on it.

Shuftin
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Post Thanks / Like

This is what you are referring to concerning giving the Court jurisdiction. This is from the great State of Georgia but it spells it out nicely.
    TITLE 17. CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

§ 17-7-94. Recordation and effect of plea of "not guilty" or of standing mute

If the person accused of committing a crime, upon being arraigned, pleads "not guilty" or stands mute, the clerk shall immediately record upon the minutes of the court the plea of "not guilty," together with the arraignment; and the arraignment and plea shall constitute the issue between the accused and the state.

HISTORY: Laws 1833, Cobb's 1851 Digest, p. 834; Code 1863, § 4525; Code 1868, § 4544; Code 1873, § 4638; Code 1882, § 4638; Penal Code 1895, § 947; Penal Code 1910, § 972; Code 1933, § 27-1405.
    The arraignment and plea [together] shall constitute the issue between the accused and the state.

Appearance perfects the process i.e paperwork. Any errors in the process are made perfect by ones appearance. What is needed is an abatement. An abatement is not a challenge to the Court, it is a notice to the Court that there are errors in the process.

Long story short. An abatement informs the Court "Fix the errors in the process [paperwork] and I will show."

Anthony Joseph
    So, "I have not plead anything" does not perfect jurisdiction and does not constitute appearance

but

"I am not here to plead" does?

Any Appearance ..... perfects Jurisdiction

that means...

physical appearance

a mail in Plea

filing a Motion, other than a Motion to Dismiss for Want of Jurisdiction

hiring an Attorney

I agree that even appearing to decline to plea would be interpreted as Registration of Appearance pro se. Not letting the judge do his job is the same as threatening his career. It is uncomfortable to let him cross the prosecutor, who is there in his courtroom with literally every case he hears.

One thing that I note too about BY's recollection of the transcript. He claims that he remembers it exactly, maybe he even recorded it to transcribe?

I believe if it is accurate that it is very important.

Do you see how he asked the judge if he could move the court for a dismissal but never actually did so? The judge granted him permission to move the court and waited for BY to do so. The judge got silence and after waiting a while, the judge dismissed the case suae sponte.

BY understands the concept about any appearance will perfect jurisdiction not to be caught on the record moving the court. That would be Registration of Appearance and suddenly things would go typically where the judge just railroads the Defendant through the revenue mill.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I agree that even appearing to decline to plea would be interpreted as Registration of Appearance pro se. Not letting the judge do his job is the same as threatening his career. It is uncomfortable to let him cross the prosecutor, who is there in his courtroom with literally every case he hears.

One thing that I note too about BY's recollection of the transcript. He claims that he remembers it exactly, maybe he even recorded it to transcribe?

I believe if it is accurate that it is very important.

Do you see how he asked the judge if he could move the court for a dismissal but never actually did so? The judge granted him permission to move the court and waited for BY to do so. The judge got silence and after waiting a while, the judge dismissed the case suae sponte.

BY understands the concept about any appearance will perfect jurisdiction not to be caught on the record moving the court. That would be Registration of Appearance and suddenly things would go typically where the judge just railroads the Defendant through the revenue mill.
    "the more i fought, the more powerful he became....so what do we do - Nothing.....it's his board now, the only way to win is not to play" - Tron Legacy
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Binbokusai Yagyuu View Post

that means...

physical appearance

a mail in Plea

hiring an Attorney
    Close but Go/NoGo [military term]. Yes, an appearance can be a physical appearance. But then again, an appearance can also be paperwork [once filed]. Either/or can be construed as being an "Appearance." An appearance alone does not, has not, and will never "Perfect Jurisdiction."

Jurisdiction is gained purely by "Process." Jurisdiction is never ever GAINED solely by an "Appearance."

NOTE: there is a "Special Appearance" before the Court and also there is an "At Arms Length" appearance before the Court. Neither of which gives the Court jurisdiction.

A Courts jurisdiction MUST be stated (Clearly) in the paperwork [Process].

i.e. "This Court has jurisdiction over this controversy because 'Blah blah blah'."

Start reading some Supreme Court cases or if nothing else, some Appellant cases. The first few paragraphs should suffice.

Jurisdiction is gained always by "Process," never by "Appearance."
    Last edited by Shuftin; 01-22-12 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuftin View Post
    Close but Go/NoGo [military term]. Yes, an appearance can be a physical appearance. But then again, an appearance can also be paperwork [once filed]. Either/or can be construed as being an "Appearance." An appearance alone does not, has not, and will never "Perfect Jurisdiction."

Jurisdiction is gained purely by "Process." Jurisdiction is never ever GAINED solely by an "Appearance."

NOTE: there is a "Special Appearance" before the Court and also there is an "At Arms Length" appearance before the Court. Neither of which gives the Court jurisdiction.

A Courts jurisdiction MUST be stated (Clearly) in the paperwork [Process].

i.e. "This Court has jurisdiction over this controversy because 'Blah blah blah'."

Start reading some Supreme Court cases or if nothing else, some Appellant cases. The first few paragraphs should suffice.

Jurisdiction is gained always by "Process," never by "Appearance."
    see here ....

Quote =

that means...

physical appearance

a mail in Plea

hiring an Attorney

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now ....

go back to the NY definition of " Appearance Ticket " posted a bit back, we were discussing a traffic issue, where the Process starts with an Appearance Ticket

>>by Appearing, You are giving the Court Jurisdiction due to acquiescing to the " Simplified Traffic Information " filed by Offiucer Friendly

now, if You do not appear, the Court is not able to acquire Jurisdiction, because there is no Process ...

PS...

New York abolished " Special Apperance " some years ago

PSS

there is no such thing as an " at arms length " appearance in New York
    Last edited by Binbokusai Yagyuu; 01-22-12 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    "the more i fought, the more powerful he became....so what do we do - Nothing.....it's his board now, the only way to win is not to play" - Tron Legacy
    in a NY traffic Case, this is essentially correct

they cannot issue a Warrant of Arrest for FTA, because there has been no Summons, no Process

of course, what the Judge does... is to suspend Your DL
    Last edited by Binbokusai Yagyuu; 01-22-12 at 07:32 AM.