I'll try to make this short.
I have been signing all my "tax" documents "without prejudice" for several years now.
I did that on some W9 forms which I believe are the ones companies give you when you are freelancing your services to them. Roughly 2 months ago an agent of you know who hand delivered a letter to my address basically stating that I had roughly 3 weeks to answer them for "deliquent taxes" for a year that doesn't correlate with any of the time that I worked freelance. I promptly wrote back with a certified and notarized letter stating my points about having made a reservation of my rights against compelled performance and asking them to produce documentation that gave them cause to proceed against me. I also gave them 30 days to respond to my dishonor of their presentment. 30 days go by and nothing, then I get this huge packet in the mail from a regional office identified as "office audit" and roughly the next day I get an envelope from the local office without any sort of letterhead or name of who sent it, just a photocopied section 601 of their code. Any thoughts?