Thread: 'We the People'

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

'We the People'

If it is not exactly clear just who are 'We the People', perhaps this paper will provoke more thought and reserach into the matter. I find the linked document to be one of the better treatments of this subject - interesting enough that I read the entire document.

Furthermore, understand that non-government “citizens” DO NOT act through the organs of the Constitution; “the people” that are holding the offices do, i.e. the officers (private law)7 that are “The State”.
    ...the phrase which appears in the Preamble of the United States Constitution which states “We the People” are not you and I. This is another misconception that people in the movement seem to embrace. You should understand that such people were the ones who signed the Constitution. Such people are the actual men who have obligations to their contracts. One of the purposes of the document was to make all “citizens” in the [U]nited States of America their constitutors.
    So, does 'We the People' only refer to those that are signatory to The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America (along with their Posterity), or does 'We the People' only refer to the offices of the United States, or does 'We the People' refer to both?

P.S. If some other thread has already been created for this topic, I'll ask one of the admins to merge this into that other thread.
    Last edited by Rock Anthony; 07-27-11 at 04:14 AM.