Quote Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
Open an account at the boss' bank. That bank doesn't seem to be bothered by the "restrictive endorsement."

Or, if there is a Bank of America in your area, open an account there. BofA's legal department has already determined that they have no problem with the restrictive endorsement. Perhaps you've already seen this image located in our downloads area. I recall here at StSC another member posted a BofA agreement with the verbiage written into the contract.

I could see why small banks would be reluctant to do business with those that demand lawful money. However, BofA is not small - infact, it's "too big to fail".

When I renewed the State's driver's license, I signed my true name - there is an image of my true-name signature on the DL. When I open an account at a bank, they'll insist for the account to be opened in the legal name that appears on the DL. However, the signature I put on any bank agreements merely must match the signature on the DL. No need for True Name dba LEGAL NAME. I simply sign True Name.

IMO, any other disclaimers such "all rights reserved", "without prejudice", etc., merely raise red flags with the banksters. I only include the demand for lawful money with true-name signature - nothing else.
I am curious if there is a genre of small bank that is actually not part of the Fed, like credit unions?

Karl;

I am curious, Do you think the reply from your bank is in response to your letter linked there in the same post? I presume when reading that the reply was in response to inquiries made by your bank manager...

What I mean is to emphasize my point above. If they convinced you to write a letter to Legal and then listen to the Reply from Legal, you are going about this whole thing all wrong. They actually got you to do this to yourself. So if you like the coffee and your friends just say, I am sorry. I got all wrapped around the axle about explaining it to you. Congress says I have the right to redeem lawful money by demand so I am making my demand. That's all.

It seems like maybe they got you to write to Legal for legal advice! By handling this like it is as simple as it is, many people have cleared the hurdle your bank has convinced you to construct for yourself.

But I may be wrong. However there is a sentence in the Reply that seems responsive to the Letter you wrote.

Don't get me wrong, what you did reveals new milestones if that is what I am looking at. You have gotten us a long way and I thank you. But if the bank manager convinced you to write to Legal about this, then he was praying on your conditioning.