Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Currently being denied my deposit with demand to redeem lawful money

Quote Originally Posted by ohiofoiarequest View Post
    I have only ever run into a couple of issues when redeeming checks in lawful money of the United States. The very first time I tried doing so was back when I was still actively engaged in the labor force. I went to the employer's bank to cash a payroll check..at the bank the teller and then her manager both took up issue with the past tense use of "redeemed in lawful money" endorsement; to them it appeared to invalidate the check itself.

A call to the bank's legal department got me the cash in hand but a strict admonishment to no longer endorse my checks in such a manner...which was avoided by simply going to another branch and writing the endorsement with present tense "redeem in lawful money 12 USC 411"...never another issue there.
    You might want to try the following verbiage, also, as it states the matter in plain enough English that few, if any, will be able to argue with it:

"Deposited for credit on account in, or exchanged for, lawful money per Title 12 U.S.C. Sec. 411" Follow this up by printing underneath this verbiage your conditional endorsement as: True Name [e.g., John Alan] dba [doing business as] Fiduciary Trust Name [e.g., John A. Smith].

I've been using that verbiage since 2008 when I was first introduced to it in a similar law forum, and have never had any problem with using it. Tellers look at it, some do a double take, but then process the check as usual. I don't recall having anyone ever ask me what it meant.
    Maxim of law: "The laws sometimes sleep, but never die."

Common Law Remedy To Beat Traffic Tickets (and a whole lot more!)

FRN lawful money?

I'm not sure if FRN are lawful money just because you redeemed a paycheck. Correct me if I'm wrong but you get a pay check from an employer. You go to employers back and non-endorse the check redeeming it for lawful money. The employers bank then gives you FRN in return. You merely deposited the check which was then redeemed in lawful money for the employers bank but not for you. you authorized the bank to go to the treasury bank to redeem the money. but they merely gave you FRN in exchange. the FRN are not really lawful money. wouldn't going to your back and depositing these FRN on a slip saying depositing lawful money be fraud as the FRN notes aren't lawful money? The FRN haven't been redeemed just the paycheck.

This confusion arises naturally from the 1933 gold seizure.

FRN's are legal tender and can be redeemed by law in lawful money. So few people want to do so that the Treasury is okay with not printing more lawful money, which is currency in the form of cash US notes or gold.

You go to employers back and non-endorse the check redeeming it for lawful money.
    You cannot do that. What you CAN do is demand lawful money. This is why I say (we say around here) that you get US notes in the form of Federal Reserve notes.

The rest is legal mechanism behind closed doors in secret. We presume that the bankers are making your non-endorsed funds special deposit, whenever you choose to deposit your paycheck instead of cash it.

And the bookkeeper can be king if the public can be kept ignorant of the methodology of the bookkeeping. All science is a means to an end.

The means is knowledge. The end is control. Beyond this remains only one issue; who will be the beneficiary.
    - from Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars by Hartford VAN DYKE.

Vicariously through the brain trust I have seen a bank branch shut down shortly after making demand that the suitors/redeemed have to stop non-endorsement.