Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
Yes, valuable collector coin. More background info contained in this article: Mint police officer pleads guilty to coin theft:

By my estimate, this thief alone was responsible for release of about 50,000 "Godless dollars."

I went to the post office for some Washington coins and the clerk was a bit baffled. The article I read was change made at the post office so somehow I thought...

I went next door to the bank. The pudgy security guard was quite amicable, even holding the door. I found the teller window and wanted to buy a $20 roll of the Washington Dollars, taking my chances maybe one would have a blank edge. The teller only had the current Dollars featuring President HAYES - in $25 rolls. I looked it over in the roll and the IN GOD WE TRUST is very small but on the bottom under the bust. I decided to buy a roll anyway...

She got on her computer and wanted my full legal name.

I am not giving you any information to buy coins.

You are not a customer here are you?

No.

We need to have your personal information for every single transaction.

She gave me back my $30 in bills marked lawful money and I walked out past the security guard, who was still very friendly. I stopped briefly to set up lunch and chess. My call did not go through but the security guard came out a moment after me and glared very suspiciously. I gave him a friendly, Good bye but he did not warm up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
In my opinion, A SPECIAL DEPOSIT invokes a Trust Relationship with the Banker such that the banker must hold with great care "in trust" the special nature of the deposit. Banker is Trustee of the Trust Account for the benefit of FIRST MIDDLE LAST [Estate].

In other words the funds cannot be co-mingled with other funds. For example, if you were to make a demand for Lawful Money and then deposit the instrument on account, then that deposit could be co-mingled with other types of moneys. And, therefore, the banker is in no way estopped from Fractional Reserve practices when a GENERAL DEPOSIT is created.

Therefore, in my opinion, either just Cash the Check and hold the notes without the banking system, or create a SPECIAL DEPOSIT account. The first option seems the most logical; however, with the recent PUSH by the banking establishment to put DEBIT cards in the hands of the Acct. Holders, I think the system is pushing hard towards an electronic means of exchange. Therefore, a SPECIAL DEPOSIT Trust Account may be prudent.

Fee Simple is Absolute Title.
I agree stipulating that if you demand lawful money your bills are a pooled special deposit. It is illegal to consider your funds as reserve for fractional lending but they may be pooled into deposits with other customers of that bank that demand lawful money.