Thanks! I agree - a good find. Non-endorsement of paychecks does not seem to be much of an issue. We have a thread and member Karl Nathan sharing his experience but I think it more that he is in a small community and friendly with the people at the bank. Being close and friendly, believe it or not, is the source of the confrontation! In other words, speaking openly in conversation and explaining things that need no explanation is what is causing the illusion that the bank can abstain from the non-endorsement transactions. Karl Nathan prefers to be polite than to just tell his friends - Just do it!

The confrontation I am concerned about is that The Memo seems to have circulated (from the OCC?) so that when a customer support manager calls the attorney about the Signature Card for electronic transfers, before any conversation can occur, the attorney is warning, Do not allow any extra verbiage on the Signature Card form! It is traditional to accept a scribbled signature, sometimes only a first letter scribble. So what would be the problem with changing my signature to "Lawful Money"?